What Is the Opportunity?
What Are the Challenges?
How Will This Impact My Business?
• Increases average revenue per user (ARPU) with services that allow parents to control children's mobile usage. A business case developed by Cisco projects an operator with 1.5 million mobile data subscribers could gain nearly US$750,000 per month from offering Parental Control services. See Figure 1.
• Increases subscriptions to children, teens, and young adults because of the child safety assurances provided by Parental Controls.
• Supports regulatory requirements and local cultural norms.
Figure 1. Parental Control Services in Integrated Policy and Charging Control Solution
What Do I Need?
• Cisco® ASR 5000: Purpose-built mobile multimedia core platform that delivers the performance and intelligence required by today's mobile networks.
• Cisco In-line Services: Intelligent functions that are integrated into the Cisco ASR 5000 and implemented in the bearer traffic flow, eliminating the need for external lower-reliability network elements while simplifying network through integrated functions and services. Parental Controls utilize several In-line Services functions such as Content Filtering that enforces fine-grained access restrictions by user categories, for example, C7+, T13+, and YA 17+.
• Cisco Mobility Unified Reporting: Solution providing comprehensive statistical analysis and trending information of all network attributes and subscriber sessions through tight integration with the deep packet inspection (DPI) capabilities of the Cisco ASR 5000. Helps operators optimize network performance, target new services, and plan infrastructure investments.
• Cisco Policy and Charging Control (PCC): Standards-based, highly scalable solution for operators to efficiently optimize network resources across subscribers and services, while providing significant revenue opportunities by enabling the deployment of new personalized services.
Get Started Today