What Is The Opportunity?
What Are The Challenges?
• Offering mobile data plans that respond to customer demand and comply with legislation (for example, European Union [EU] roaming regulations) to set automatic limits on a subscriber's maximum roaming data charges to prevent "bill shock"
• Managing home and roaming usage on a per-subscriber basis
• Warning subscribers when they approach their data-roaming bill limit, and blocking mobile data services once the user reaches the limit
How Will This Impact My Business?
• Increases revenue from roaming subscribers who will continue to consume mobile data services without fear of unexpected usage costs
• Improves customer satisfaction with increased billing transparency and prevention of bill shock (Figure 1)
Figure 1. Roaming Control Services Protect Subscribers from Bill Shock
What Do I Need?
• Cisco ASR 5000 Multimedia Core Platform: Purpose-built mobile multimedia core platform that delivers the performance and intelligence required by today's mobile networks.
• Cisco In-Line Services: Intelligent functions that are integrated into the Cisco ASR 5000 and implemented in the bearer traffic, eliminating the need for external lower-reliability network elements while simplifying the network through integrated services. Roaming Controls use In-Line Services functions such as Enhanced Charging Service and policy enforcement.
• Cisco Mobility Unified Reporting: Solution providing comprehensive statistical analysis and trending of network attributes and subscriber sessions through tight integration with the deep packet inspection (DPI) capabilities of the Cisco ASR 5000. This solution helps operators optimize network performance, target new services, and plan infrastructure investments.
• Cisco Policy and Charging Control (PCC): Standards-based, highly scalable solution for operators to efficiently optimize network resources across subscribers and services while providing significant revenue opportunities by allowing the deployment of new personalized services.
Get Started Today