Deliver the consistent, high-quality video experiences that users want, while reducing demands on IT. All with a solution that integrates smoothly with your collaboration infrastructure.
Bring simplicity to your video meeting experiences by integrating voice, video, and content sharing from any mobile device, desktop, or room-based video endpoint for a “one-meeting” experience with Cisco® CMR Premises.
Employees get predictable, high-quality video experiences on a wide range of devices and platforms from anywhere at any time. And IT gets a standards-based video conferencing solution that integrates easily with your company’s existing unified communications infrastructure. CMR Premises eliminates the complexity of integrating disparate devices and platforms.
As part of your end-to-end communications infrastructure, CMR Premises has the power to bring people together on any device from any location. Work directly and effectively with colleagues, customers, and partners, regardless of your role or need. You empower everyone to work more productively and make more informed decisions in real time. Relationships with clients and partners grow stronger, and you present an engaging, professional, and responsive image of your business.
And because Cisco’s video conferencing infrastructure integrates so easily with existing unified communications systems, CMR Premises simplifies management and reduces maintenance. It also reduces training times and costs, and effortlessly scales as your business grows.
Anytime, Anywhere Collaboration: The New Key to Success
Businesses are adopting new collaboration applications to improve productivity in an increasingly interconnected and mobile world. Recent studies back up this growing trend to collaboration (Figure 1).
Collaboration can take many forms. And today, collaborating simply through voice or email is not enough. People are looking for high-quality, real-time video communications—and they want them anywhere, anytime, and on any device.
Figure 1. People Are Collaborating More Than Ever
Source: The Corporate Executive Board, “Breakthrough Performance in the New Work Environment: Identifying and Enabling the New High Performer,” 2013.
How Cisco CMR Premises Works
Cisco TelePresence® Server, Cisco TelePresence Conductor, and Cisco TelePresence Management Suite enable Cisco CMR Premises.
Cisco Unified Communications Manager is Cisco’s core call-control platform, supporting a range of collaboration endpoints. You can include high-quality video conferencing through Cisco TelePresence infrastructure, and include instant messaging and presence with Cisco Jabber®. Cisco Prime® Collaboration offers centralized management for your entire collaboration infrastructure. Thus, a single, unified architecture delivers multiparty video collaboration for users with smartphones, desktop conferencing equipment, and larger room systems.
Cisco TelePresence Server
Cisco TelePresence Server offers business-quality, intuitive multiparty video conferencing. It supports a wide array of communication modes, from Full HD (1080p30) video and content sharing to audio-only phone calls. It enables users with mobile devices, desk phones, immersive room systems, or desktop endpoints to meet easily.
Cisco TelePresence Server is highly scalable, enabling you to start small and increase the scale of your solutions as your business grows. It’s compatible with a range of hardware platforms, and can be deployed as a virtualized application or a dedicated hardware appliance.
If you want a collaboration package, choose the virtualized server running on Cisco Unified Computing System™ (Cisco UCS®) platforms. These include the Cisco Business Edition 6000 and Business Edition 7000. Select Cisco TelePresence Server on Multiparty Media 410v if you want a high-density server optimized for video. Dedicated hardware platforms include the Multiparty Media 310 and 320 appliances and the Cisco TelePresence MSE 8000 Series chassis-based solution.
Cisco TelePresence Conductor
Cisco TelePresence Conductor supports a simple, natural conferencing experience through intuitive video conference configuration and scaling. It intelligently manages conference placement across all available Cisco TelePresence Server conferencing resources. Conductor makes the best use of resources based on the available bandwidth and capabilities of each device in a conference. Thus, the efficiency and capacity of your conferencing resources are improved, and more people can join meetings.
Cisco TelePresence Conductor is available as a virtualized application running on Cisco UCS platforms and third-party server platforms. It is also highly scalable. One full-capacity Cisco TelePresence Conductor appliance or cluster supports up to 2400 concurrent call sessions or up to 30 Cisco TelePresence Servers. You can also cluster up to three full-capacity Cisco TelePresence Conductors to provide resilience.
Cisco TelePresence Management Suite
Cisco TelePresence Management Suite helps you manage your company’s video conferencing, media services infrastructure, and endpoints. It offers centralized control over all Cisco and selected third-party telepresence devices, including endpoints, call-control servers, Cisco TelePresence Servers, and other infrastructure. It also gives users and administrators comprehensive scheduling, including full integration with Microsoft Exchange or Office 365.
Key Features of CMR Premises
The user experience, scalability, and simple, flexible deployment features distinguish CMR Premises. Here’s a look at each.
When you make meetings easier and more effective—and available on any device—users will meet more often and more productively. They’ll also make better real-time decisions, improving overall business agility. Features that enhance the user experience include:
● Flexible, scalable layouts. Control and customize your experience, choosing between grid, prominent, and ActivePresence layouts. Layouts automatically scale to cover the maximum screen area available, while still maintaining correct aspect ratios.
● ActiveControl and ClearPath. With ActiveControl, you can view a list of all participant names in a conference, as well as who is speaking and who is sharing. ClearPath improves the quality of the video experience when you connect over less-than-optimal networks.
● Consistent meeting experience from soft client, mobile, desktop, or room system. Join meetings from Cisco video endpoints, including the desktop Cisco DX and EX Series, the conference room Cisco MX Series, the immersive Cisco TelePresence TX and IX platforms, standards-based third-party video endpoints, desktop web clients such as the Cisco Jabber messaging integration platform, and Microsoft Lync 2010 or 2013 clients.
● Comprehensive, precise administrator control. Configure user policies to define the best experience available to individuals or groups of users, and specify the maximum number of attendees who can join a conference.
● Greater scale with Cisco WebEx Meeting Center. Allow more people to join from more devices from any location by integrating your CMR Premises solution with Cisco WebEx, allowing 500 additional participants to join from PC, Mac, or mobile devices with two-way video, content share, and audio.
You get more out of your investment when you can provide high-quality conferencing services to everyone who needs them. And easy, cost-efficient scaling means you can fully support users with less hardware and less time spent troubleshooting. Features that enable high scalability include:
● Optimized resource management: Cisco TelePresence Conductor puts available resources right where they’re needed to increase the efficiency of resource usage and enable more endpoints to join conferences.
● More capacity for more participants with cascading: Extend conferences beyond the capacity of one Cisco TelePresence Server, enabling hundreds of attendees to join one conference. This feature is ideal for all-hands or town-hall meetings, as it works best in a one-to-many scenario.
Simple, Flexible Deployment
Deploy Cisco’s video conferencing infrastructure in the way that best matches your business style and needs. Easy integration with existing architecture simplifies upgrades and support, and removes the need for complex integration. IT saves time and effort, and the business enjoys a lower TCO. The solution offers:
● Multiple deployment options. Deploy Cisco TelePresence Server either on its own or as an integrated part of your end-to-end unified communications and video deployment. You can also choose between a virtualized or dedicated hardware solution for easy deployment, administration, and support.
● Unified architecture. Scale the solution and add capabilities as needed. For instance, from an initial deployment of Cisco TelePresence Conductor, Cisco TelePresence Server, and Cisco TelePresence Management Suite, you can add Cisco Unified Communications Manager. To extend your scale and reach, include Cisco WebEx Meeting Center web conferencing.
● On-premises, hybrid, and cloud conferencing. Enjoy the advantages of all three types of conferencing models. Include Cisco WebEx Meeting Center to create a hybrid model, or use CMR Cloud for powerful cloud-based, business-quality video and web conferencing.
● Simple, host-based, all-in-one licensing to meet the needs of your organization. Multiparty video is included in Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Professional, which enables any named user to host multiparty video conferences and invite any number of participants to their meeting—only the host needs a license. Alternatively, Shared Multiparty licenses, which offer a great way to use room systems, can be purchased. These can be shared between users, still with only one license required per meeting. For customers who wish to enable video conferencing for every user, enterprisewide licensing is available.
Cisco CMR Premises gives your business easy, convenient access to high-quality video collaboration that keeps every user connected to the information and people that matter. And it delivers that access while giving IT the power to deploy, manage, and support the system simply and smoothly. It helps you:
● Enable video collaboration that’s consistently high quality
● Provide video capabilities to more people without raising costs
● Integrate video simply and seamlessly into existing infrastructure
By providing high-quality video to everyone in your company, you can receive a healthy return on your investment by getting things done more quickly. You also stay agile and competitive, strengthen vital relationships, and maintain the professional, responsive image that enhances loyalty and respect.
End users get a consistent, high-quality meeting experience on every device, every time. IT gets a single collaboration architecture, simplified centralized management, and automated provisioning to reduce demands on their time.
The best of both worlds? At Cisco, we like to think so.
First-Time Issue Resolution Made Easy with Cisco Video Infrastructure
Came Group is great at keeping people out. Its three companies are leaders in things such as electric doors, entry systems, and security bollards. But its growth depends on letting people in, such as thousands of third‑party installers around the world. The company needed to make sure the installers have full access to its experts. Before, this was done over the phone. But solving a problem on an audio call is not as easy as seeing it first-hand, which sometimes meant waiting until a Came Group expert could visit.
● Solve field problems and make decisions quicker
● Improve customer satisfaction
● Cut travel costs
● Extended current Cisco TelePresence to video links outside the business with Cisco Collaboration Meeting Rooms Hybrid
● Enabled rapid face-to-face access to experts for first-time issue resolution
● Extended Cisco TelePresence to anyone, anywhere, on any device
● Saved costs of holding in-person meetings
Cisco sets the pace in the collaboration industry with best-in-class, end-to-end hardware and services that enhance and enrich business communication. It offers global reach, enterprise-grade architecture and experience, and an extensive array of product lines that fully integrate and work together to deliver the high-quality collaboration experiences today’s businesses demand.
Financing to Help You Achieve Your Objectives
Cisco Capital can help you acquire the technology you need to achieve your objectives and stay competitive. We can help you reduce CapEx. Accelerate your growth. Optimize your investment dollars and ROI. Cisco Capital financing gives you flexibility in acquiring hardware, software, services, and complementary third-party equipment. And there’s just one predictable payment. Cisco Capital is available in more than 100 countries. Learn more.
For more information about successful real-world examples of Cisco CMR Premises, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/cmr.
To add Cisco CMR Premises to your support contract, contact your Cisco Services sales representative or authorized Cisco channel partner.