Collaborate from Within Business Applications
Simplify workflow and improve productivity. Access voice, video, instant messaging, presence, voicemail, and conferencing capabilities directly from the business applications that you use most.
Cisco open APIs help enable integration with web-based and third-party applications such as email, enterprise resource planning (ERP), and CRM -- including Microsoft Outlook and Salesforce.com.
See More Use Cases
Explore more ways to meet your business goals by improving collaboration.Go Now
Access collaboration tools directly from business applications instead of having to switch between applications. You can also
- Save time, simplify workflows, and increase workforce collaboration.
- Connect, communicate, and collaborate within your line-of-business application or web portal.
- Customize the user experience to be consistent with your organization’s applications.
- Initiate meetings instantly from Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and instant messaging solutions.
- Use open APIs to integrate with existing applications.
Employees can "start a conversation from within Microsoft applications using presence light-up, click-to-call, and click-to-IM. Additionally, we can click to start a video or WebEx session from the Microsoft applications." - Mike Fitzgerald, Eagle Investment Systems
Students at a major U.S. university use Cisco Jabber within WordPress to help enable group and individual chats to collaborate on projects. The procurement department provides live support for buyers using Jabber embedded within its SAP software.
"With the seamless integration to Google Apps that [Esna] Cloudlink* gives us, it's easy for our employees to stay connected with colleagues and customers no matter where they may be." - Scott Berg, Wilson Hurd
- Hamburg Wasser: Gaining Competitive Edge with Better Service (PDF - 336 KB)
Integrating Cisco Unified Contact Center with SAP helps German utility company compete in the emerging clean-energy market.
Esna Cloudlink Customer StoriesCloudlink uses the Jabber SDK to easily integrate Cisco collaboration solutions with cloud-based and on-premises productivity applications.
- Understanding Communications-Enabled Business Processes with Unified Communications
Communications-enabled business processes (CEBP) combine all the capabilities of unified communications with the world of business applications.
- ROI with Communications-Enabled Business Processes
For optimal ROI, you must understand what you want to accomplish with CEBP, and then choose the element of unified communications that best enhances that process.
- Cisco Jabber Features
Learn more about Jabber’s voice, video, presence, instant messaging, voice messaging, desktop sharing, and conferencing capabilities in these videos.
- Cisco Jabber SDK: Customize Your App with the Jabber SDK (1:03 min)
With just a few lines of code, you can add enterprise collaboration--voice, video, presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and unified messaging--directly within your application with the Cisco Jabber Software Developer Kit (SDK).
- Cisco Jabber Guest: Collaboration from the Browser(1:11 min)
Jabber Guest is designed to enable collaboration using high-definition voice and video via a web browser or mobile device.
- Cisco Jabber Guest Transforms Customer Service (1:07 min) Now, customers can interact directly with a customer service agent, resolving a problem by quickly and securely sharing high-definition voice and video via a web browser or mobile device.
- Spotlight: Cisco Prime Collaboration (6:13 min)
Manage and control across your entire Cisco communications infrastructure. Simplify the entire lifecycle and address service quality issues before they affect end users.
- Cisco Business Edition 6000: Fundamentals (3:34 min)
Superior performance, system redundancy, and broad application integration for 100 to 1000 employees.
Collaboration Developer Communities
- Contact Center
- Voice and Unified Communications
- Full Listing of Cisco Developer Communities
Improve team and customer experiences with services from Cisco and its partners. Align your IT objectives with business goals, mitigate risk with faster time to value, and better serve your customers.
- Collaboration Services Overview (PDF - 500 KB)