Simplify workflows and improve productivity by accessing collaboration and conferencing capabilities directly from the applications that you use most often. Cisco open APIs help enable integration with web-based and third-party applications, including Microsoft Outlook and Salesforce solutions.
- Toggling between applications is the third most common workplace distraction affecting worker productivity. Harmon.ie
(PDF - 778 KB)
- The same study found that 45 percent of workers keep at least six items (applications, windows, documents, etc.) open simultaneously.
- View availability, initiate communications, and create online meetings directly from packaged and homegrown applications.
- Integrate chat, voice, voicemail, video, and Cisco WebEx functions directly within web applications.
- Improve customer response with click-to-chat, call functionality, and video in your corporate webpage.
- Save time, simplify workflows, and increase workforce collaboration and productivity by integrating collaboration functionality within primary applications.
- Eliminate the need for users to switch between web-based and desktop applications when collaborating with others.
Supporting Products and Solutions
- Collaboration anywhere on any device
- Business-class IP voice and video telephony
- Instant interaction with IM and presence
- Integration of native and customized business applications
- Online meetings in real time from anywhere
- High-quality, scalable, intuitive user experience
- Audio, video, and content sharing
Packaged Collaboration Infrastructure
- End-to-end collaboration capabilities
- Simplified deployment and management
- Open and interoperable architecture
- Business Edition 6000 (up to 1000 users)
- Business Edition 7000 (up to 5000 users)
Cisco Preferred Architectures for Collaboration were created to simplify technology deployment. They provide designs built and tested by Cisco experts.
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Enterprise Collaboration (PDF - 4.5 MB)
- Cisco Preferred Architecture for Midmarket Collaboration (PDF - 6.7 MB)
"We have boosted productivity by deploying a more comprehensive collaboration and communications solution that ties together many points of contact." - Jim Phillips, CIO, Stanford Federal Credit Union
"Jabber is also very popular. Features such as the ability to click to call from Outlook are very useful." - Thomas Würtemberger, TDS (PDF – 296 KB)
Employees can "start a conversation from within Microsoft applications using presence light-up, click-to-call, and click-to-IM. Additionally, we can click to start a video or WebEx session from the Microsoft applications." - Mike Fitzgerald, Eagle Investment Systems
- Banca d'Alba: Italian Bank Builds Collaborative Platform to Improve Efficiency and Agility
- Fonds Finanz Maklerservice GmbH: Building Better Business Models Around Customers
- Eagle Investment Systems: Global Workforce Collaborates from One Interface
- Mondi Group: Global Manufacturer Speeds Time to Market with Collaboration
- Genuine Health: Natural Health Products Company Improves Workflow (PDF - 453 KB)
- TDS: Collaboration Improves Productivity and Staff Satisfaction at Outsourcing Company (PDF - 296 KB)
- Hamilton Rentals: IT Rental Company Empowers Salesforce with Collaboration
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes: Nonprofit Cuts IT Management Time by 90% with IP Phones (PDF – 132 KB)
- RWE IT GmbH: Energy Supplier Gets Competitive Advantage from Superior Customer Experience (PDF - 271 KB)
- Specsavers: World-Class Optician Offers Great Customer Service
- Synergis Education: Educational Service Provider Gains Agility to Quickly Scale Up or Down (PDF - 847 KB)
Customize Your App with the Jabber SDK (1:03 min) With just a few lines of code, you can add enterprise collaboration to an application. Use the Cisco Jabber Software Developer Kit (SDK) and put voice, video, presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and unified messaging right in your app.