A large U.S. city brings together independent departments, streamlining operations and reducing risk with Cisco Consulting Services.
Download Case Study (PDF - 418 KB)
Cisco helped us deliver a crisp and clear business case to nontechnical business and financial leaders, which resulted in our funding request being approved.- Senior Business Process Consultant
The city needed to:
- Support growth while managing the cost of limited city resources
- Consolidate IT strategy, architecture, planning, standards, and key enterprise application services
- Address pressing data storage and data center needs with a detailed strategy and roadmap
- Collaborative scoping, discovery, and planning meetings with Cisco Consulting Services
- Roadmaps defined for data center and storage strategies
- Analysis of costs and benefits to develop compelling business justification
- Data center and data storage strategies save city US$4.2 million over five years.
- Shared, virtualized, and tiered storage solution reduces operational complexity, streamlines operations.
- Colocated data center helps reduce risk and costs while preparing city for virtualization and cloud capabilities.