Collaboration is at the core of good teaching, learning, and research. It is also how innovation occurs, which is the focus of a good educational institution and what's needed in the 21st century.- Greg Jones, Vice President and Vice Provost for Global Strategy and Programs, Duke University
Integrate collaboration into the classroom experience and university processes.
- Educate next generation of global leaders
- Enable collaboration within and outside the university
- Streamline day-to-day university operations
Duke engaged Cisco Services to help plan, design and implement a Cisco Unified Communications solution for the campuses and the medical center.
The consolidation work resulted in a savings of $2.5 million annually in support costs.
- Extended interactive classroom experience to people around the world
- Enabled students, faculty, and staff to collaborate anytime, anywhere
- Saved US$2.5 million annually in communications system support costs