The world is going digital, and this is changing the way we live, work, and communicate. And it’s changing the way you operate and deliver services to your customers. Cisco® Services can help you become more agile and innovative. All while increasing revenues and cutting operating expenditures, too.
To compete in a world that includes Amazon, Google, Facebook, and Netflix, you must innovate and disrupt. Technology is changing fast, and so are customer expectations. You need to move just as fast. What if you could:
● Deliver services to customers in minutes? Or less? Without your staff working more?
● Instantly switch bandwidth from one part of your network to another?
● Change the configurations on all of your routers in just minutes?
● Use automation to pull together all the capabilities you need to deploy a new service faster than ever before?
Imagine how being more nimble and agile can contribute to your current and long-term success. Getting there is easier than you think. Cisco Services can help you transform your business into a more agile, innovative organization. To do that, we’re changing how we work with you. We’re partnering with you and focusing on your business outcomes, not just the nuts and bolts of your network. We can help you transform your user experience, your architecture, and your business. That way, you can increase your revenues, boost your agility, shorten your time to market, decrease your operating expenditures (OpEx), and more.
More Connections, More Data, Changing Expectations
The Internet of Everything (IoE) is changing everything around us, and as more people, processes, and things get connected, they’re creating more data, from more sources. And everything is going digital. The explosion of growth is phenomenal. According to VNI Global IP Traffic Forecast 2014 to 2019:
● There will be nearly 3.9 billion global Internet users (more than 51 percent of the world’s population), up from 2.8 billion in 2014
● There will be 24 billion networked devices and connections globally, up from 14 billion in 2014
● Globally, the average fixed broadband connection speed will increase 2.2-fold, to 42.5 Mbps from 20.3 Mbps in 2014
● Globally, IP video will represent 80 percent of all traffic by 2019, up from 67 percent in 2014
Traditional service-provider networks can’t handle all of this data. Yet customers want more: more rich media, more sophisticated apps, and more cloud services. And they want access anywhere, anytime, on any device they choose. Disruptive companies like Amazon, Uber, and Netflix understand those new needs, and they are satisfying them, and even needs and desires customers don’t know they have.
Leading disrupters have incredibly fast innovation cycles. The services they provide are easy to use, and they cross multiple platforms without barriers. That’s what we can create together.
To help you transform your experience, your architecture, and your business, we offer end-to-end services focused on helping you achieve the business outcomes you’re seeking (Figure 1). It’s part of a new approach that Cisco Services—and our entire company—is undertaking. We are:
● Collaborating with our customers to co-develop services and architectures as well as applications
● Employing continuous development, so you get software changes in minutes, not months
● Embracing open systems and open source, rather than closed, proprietary systems
● Opening ourselves up to share our capabilities with the industry in a much more radical way than before
Our services are based on a comprehensive lifecycle approach that takes you from deciding whether a service or technology is right for you, to making the best use of it. That includes creating a business case for it, designing it, building and managing it, optimizing it, supporting it, and training your staff.
Figure 1. Services to Accelerate Transformation
Advise and Implement Services
Our Advise and Implement services help you develop your technological vision and strategy, assess your infrastructure readiness, and quantify and validate the business value of your digital transformation. We can help you design and manage the deployment and integration of your solution. Whether it’s to extend digital video, mobility, or network infrastructure, we have the skills to partner with you on your solution to take advantage of the IoE.
If you’re looking for new ways to squeeze the best performance out of your network and unlock the best return on investment (ROI), our support services can help.
● Make the most of network availability, reliability, and stability
● Reduce the cost of network ownership by using Cisco expertise, knowledge, and availability
● Increase ROI by accessing Cisco operating system software enhancements
● Expedite time to repair with the right parts at the right time to resolve issues quickly
● Better manage scarce internal expert resources at all locations
● Improve productivity and revenue per employee with access to tools and technical support documentation that can increase self-sufficiency and technical knowledge
Our optimization services help ensure your network is always available and running at its best. We can help you automate the configuration of thousands of devices in minutes. Or we can work with you to employ powerful analytics for better insight into your network traffic patterns and capacity needs.
Your resources are limited, so you want your in-house staff to make the most of their time. Our managed services can free them up to support strategic business initiatives, instead of running the network.
Training and Adoption Services
Tools and technology are constantly changing, and you need to keep your IT team up to speed on the latest developments. We can help train your staff to support your data center, manage the latest cloud technology, or enhance their security expertise. Our training services can help your staff seize new opportunities and work with high energy and competence.
We’ll do whatever it takes to help you transform your experience, your architecture, and your business, so you can achieve the outcomes you want.
Working together, we can:
● Change the customer experience with more personalized, customized, ubiquitous services
● Create an integrated architecture that supports your digital transformation, mobility, video, business services, and more
● Increase agility with automation tools, analytics, and network insights that help you respond to new demands faster
Architectures and technologies such as network function virtualization (NFV), software-defined networking (SDN), and orchestration are key to helping you transform (Figure 2). The pace of change is accelerating, and simplification is imperative.
Cisco Services can help you develop, adopt, and manage an open architecture based on SDN and NFV powered by the Intercloud, a critical component behind how Cisco connects networks to clouds.
Figure 2. Transformative Technologies
These technologies are complex and still relatively new, but our engineers have quickly accumulated deep experience with them from working with customers around the world.
Succeeding at Transformation
Transformation isn’t easy. Radically changing your business requires a very high level of expertise to navigate the journey and to convert possibilities into realities.
We have skill sets your staff may not have. We understand the backup, overlay systems, and the security solutions you need. We can help you roll out the technology you need to get to market faster—with no disruption to your customers.
We have over 12,000 engineers and technicians, including over 2500 Cisco Certified Internetworking Experts (CCIE®). Our intellectual capital goes deep: our team has been granted over 1100 patents since 1998. We have added substantially to our expertise in cloud, security, and other technologies through our purchases of software companies—seven by mid-2015 alone. We use proven methodologies and best practices derived from our experience with enterprises all over the world. That breadth of experience with other companies is unique, and we can put it to work for you. You’ll be in safe hands.
Case Study: A New Business App in Eight Weeks
Cisco Services recently partnered with a large European telecommunications company on a co-development project. The company had built a highly virtualized infrastructure and wanted applications to run on it. The CTO wanted to launch a cloud VPN service for business customers. To host the app, he wanted to launch a service for the commercial environment, built on OpenStack, using an open platform with a third‑party infrastructure. And he wanted it completed in three months.
Our product, solutions, and service engineers worked with the company’s architects, and together we did it in just eight weeks.
We used a DevOps methodology (Figure 3) with continuous testing and validation to achieve the desired business outcomes. And we made it possible for this customer to adopt the solution by providing software release management, design reviews, and continuous mentoring and training. Cisco support specialists provided comprehensive support for the end-to-end solution, which included third-party components.
Figure 3. The DevOps Development Methodology
Case Study: Deploy Wi-Fi in Six Weeks. Enhance Video and Data
A cable company came to us wanting to provide Wi-Fi and broaden its customer base, while reducing capital costs per customer. It also wanted to base services in the cloud to reduce the need for set-top boxes. And it needed to upgrade its home-grown content management software with systems that could be more agile.
We started deploying a solution that included Wi-Fi within six weeks. We also helped the company adopt cloud-based content services, along with enhanced video and data services for both residential and business customers. In addition, we helped the company Implement capabilities for location-based advertising.
Case Study: Accelerate Time to Market and Improve the Customer Experience
Here’s how we helped a U.S. telecom provider accelerate time to market by automating its software and configuration policies (Figure 4). The provider wanted to introduce new services to end-customers quickly, without disruption. But acquisitions had increased the number of devices and created three specific challenges:
1. Standardizing software images on various devices in different parts of the network was a real chore, and it was time-consuming
2. The company needed to standardize on one configuration for each device type based on its role in the network
3. The company had no visibility into the state of compliance for its network devices
Figure 4. How Network Optimization Accelerates Time to Market
Financing to Help You Achieve Your Objectives
Cisco Capital can help you acquire the technology you need to achieve your objectives and stay competitive. We can help you reduce capital expenditures (CapEx), accelerate your growth, and optimize your investment dollars and ROI. Cisco Capital® financing gives you flexibility in acquiring hardware, software, services, and complementary third-party equipment. And there’s just one predictable payment. Cisco Capital is available in more than 100 countries. Learn more.
Data Metrics and Source
From the Cisco VNI index – here’s the URL: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/service-provider/visual-networking-index-vni/index.html
In May 2015, Cisco released the complete VNI Global IP Traffic Forecast, 2014 – 2019. Global highlights from the updated study include the following projections:
● By 2019, there will be nearly 3.9 billion global Internet users (more than 51 percent of the world’s population), up from 2.8 billion in 2014
● By 2019, there will be 24 billion networked devices and connections globally, up from 14 billion in 2014
● Globally, the average fixed broadband connection speed will increase 2.2-fold, from 20.3 Mbps in 2014 to 42.5 Mbps by 2019
For more information, contact your Cisco account team.