Cisco Quantum Policy Suite for Mobile
The Cisco Quantum Policy Suite for Wi-Fi is a carrier-grade policy and subscriber data management software solution that enables service providers to control, monetize, and personalize Wi-Fi offerings on their networks. The solution offers a platform for delivering a variety of new services that take advantage of intelligent Wi-Fi network attributes.
Features and Capabilities
The Cisco Quantum Policy Suite for Wi-Fi offers industry-leading performance, high availability, and disaster recovery. It simplifies the network architecture by using a single subscriber repository that draws from older data sources without conversion or revision.
The solution includes a virtualized policy platform. It provides real-time management of subscriber sessions, applications, and network resources based on service provider-configured business rules and subscriber data management.
With the Cisco Quantum Policy Suite for Wi-Fi, service providers can:
- Rapidly define new service plans using customizable policy building blocks
- Simplify policy control and service catalog management
- Accelerate time to market for new service plans
- Increase revenue through market segmentation
- Improve customer satisfaction with personalized, tiered, and interactive services
- Reduce operating costs
Cisco Quantum Policy Suite for Wi-Fi empowers service providers to quickly deploy value-added use cases such as the following.
Subscriber Authentication and Authorization
- RADIUS and Diameter authentication protocols
- Wireless Internet Service Provider roaming protocol 1.0 and 2.0
- Transparent Automatic Logon (TAL)
- 3GPP-compliant Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF)
- Applying policy rules based on the service plan -- such as bandwidth speed, usage limits, number of logins, and more
- Segmenting a subscriber base through service bundles and pricing
Quota and Usage Control
- Creating time and/or usage-limited passes (for example, hour, day, week, and month-long passes)
- Tracking and applying daily, weekly, or monthly billing cycle usage limits
- Applying âpay-as-you-goâ top-ups or downgrades when subscribers exceed usage limits
- Controlling roaming overages and reducing customer bill shock
3GPP Mobile Data Offload
This cost-effectively reduces mobile data traffic congestion by offloading traffic through the Wi-Fi network
- 3G Mobile/Long Term Evolution (LTE) integration with Gateway GPRS Support Node/Packet Data Serving Node (GGSN/PDSN) technology, including the Cisco ASR 5000 Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
- Diameter/RADIUS Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) authentication
- Diameter Gx/Gy Policy and Charging Control (PCC) for 3GPP LTE architecture functionality
Specifications at a Glance