The single-radio configuration of the Cisco Aironet 1505 Lightweight Outdoor Mesh Access Point uses the 802.11b/g radio for data and access-point-to-access-point communications. This configuration is ideal for moderate capacity needs that can be met with a singe-band mesh solution or in regions where use of the 5 GHz spectrum is restricted by government regulations or institutional policy. It combines the deployment flexibility of a mesh network with the ease of management and mobility services delivered by the Cisco Unified Wireless Network.
The outdoor mesh access point:
- Dynamically optimizes traffic routes between nodes for high network resiliency and high system capacity
- Supports zero-touch configuration deployment and self-optimization
- Self-heals from interference or outages, reducing management costs
- Is compliant with Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2)
- Employs hardware-based Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption between wireless nodes to provide end-to-end security
- Provides the security, manageability, reliability and ease of deployment needed to create a high-performance outdoor wireless network