Bring Advanced Services to Your Gateways
Manage and update gateway services across all your deployed hardware platforms with the Cisco Videoscape Service Application Framework. You can modify gateway services in real time, deploy and support unified applications across different gateways, and reach your entire installed base.
Features and Capabilities
With the Cisco Videoscape Service Application Framework, you can bring new services into the subscriber home more quickly, easily, and at a lower cost. This solution is part of the Cisco Videoscape OpenRG gateway software. This framework can also run on other gateway middleware, however, either as a hybrid cloud-local platform or entirely on the home gateway.
The Cisco Videoscape Service Application Framework offers a small footprint, strong security, and cloud connectivity. You can easily innovate and expand your service offering across any gateway hardware that you use.
With the Cisco Videoscape Service Application Framework, you can also:
- Quickly offer new services by developing once and deploying on multiple gateway devices across your entire installed base
- Cut operational costs by easily adding, removing, and modifying services without changing gateway middleware or hardware
- Strengthen subscriber loyalty by delivering the right mix of applications to each subscriber, improving the user experience
This solution also helps you develop your own innovative applications. The standards-based software framework conforms with Home Gateway Initiative (HGI) Software Execution Environment Task Force (SWEX) specifications. You can also take full advantage of the creativity of third-party application developers.
Cisco Videoscape Service Application Framework Diagram
Specifications at a Glance
The Cisco Videoscape Service Application Framework is:
- Modular — The design simplifies modification of customer premises equipment (CPE) applications.
- Linux-based — A lightweight native Linux execution environment works with gateway middleware and supports local application logic.
- Managed — Incorporates TR-069 standard-base remote service management (TR-157).
- Open — A service-oriented architecture to residential gateways exposes gateway resources with standard-based, web service APIs.
- Flexible — The light scripting engine promotes script-based service development.