Watch Your Favorite Content on Any Device
Cisco Videoscape Distribution Video Recording is a cloud-based solution that can enable time-shifted video services, accessible on any device.
Features and Capabilities
Videoscape Distribution Suite Video Recording (VDS-VR) offers cloud-driven recording of live media to help enable a variety of revenue generating, time-shifted TV services. When used in conjunction with other VDS assets, it allows customers to offer subscribers the ability to watch personalized video content anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
VDS-VR works with VDS Origin Server to format and record content one time within the Videoscape Cloud. Content requests are retrieved through VDS-VR, encoded dynamically through VDS Origin Server, then passed through the VDS network. Content is delivered on demand to television, mobility, or Internet-based devices.
New revenue generating services possible with VDS-VR and other VDS products include:
- Restarting a live program already in progress
- Reverse electronic programming guide (EPG) offering where subscribers can navigate backwards in the programming guide to watch programs that aired up to two weeks earlier
- Subscriber-initiated, time-shifted video services across devices with the ability to pause, rewind, and fast-forward personally recorded video content
Benefits and unique capabilities of VDS-VR include:
- Multiscreen video playback support on any device-TV, web-based, and mobile
- Flexibility in operator-specified policies (license window, trick mode control, blackouts, and more)
- Unified infrastructure for linear, time-shifted, and cloud DVR
- Reduced server and storage infrastructure costs and operating expenditure savings
- Virtualized applications that can run in centralized or distributed data centers, such as Cisco UCS
- Flexible deployment models whether recording is done centrally, regionally, or at home