Get Real-Time CDN Analysis and Diagnostics
Cisco Videoscape Distribution Suite Service Manager (VDS-SM) is the reporting and analytics arm of the Videoscape Distribution Suite (VDS) products. It provides CDN Insights by ingesting logs from VDS IS product that represents the CDN delivery infrastructure. The product strategy envisions supporting other VDS products like VDS TV, VDS OS, VDS TC, VDS OE and VDS SB.
- Provides comprehensive insights into the delivery aspects of CDN in terms of throughput, utilization, efficiency, success/failures, video content delivery trends and viewership trends.
- Simplifies access to actionable data and lean forward analytics so that service teams can proactively monitor activity and take action before problems may occur.
- Delivers comprehensive dashboards and trending reports that capture wealth of invaluable information that is required for CDN capacity planning, delivery optimization from terabytes of data that span multiple months and years.
- Interoperable with the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) Data Center platform providing increased density for data mining, broader scale across the entire CDN and lowers CAPEX and OPEX.
Features and Capabilities
VDS-SM is useful to service provider internal customers, network engineering, operations teams, and content providers. It can deliver real-time configuration, management, analytics and monitoring, business policy enforcement, and other critical network intelligence behind Cisco Videoscape Distribution Suite and other third-party CDNs.
VDS-SM contains two functionality categories, each providing real-time diagnostics:
- CDN Video Analytics to evaluate existing operations
- Provisioning Manager to bring service to new subscribers
Strategic advantages that VDS Service Manager can bring to customer operations include:
- Integration of service provisioning and policy management for security and simplification of CDN operations (multiple CDNs, intra-CDNs, and multiple-endor CDNs)
- Simplified access to CDN analysis and data so that service teams can proactively monitor activity and take action before problems occur
- Delivery of comprehensive, actionable web-based dashboards and reports
- Architecture based on an advanced virtualized environment that offers ease of scale without additional capital expenditure requirements
- Interoperability with the Cisco UCS data center platform to provide increased density for data mining, broader scale across the entire CDN, and lower operating expenditures