Bring Video on Demand to New Devices
Increase revenue by generating high-quality video-on-demand (VoD) assets for any screen and by expanding your advertising opportunities. Cisco Videoscape AnyRes VoD:
- Eliminates the bottlenecks that are typically involved in high-volume, file-based transcoding
- Lowers operating costs
- Provides a flexible, highly scalable workflow solution
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Videoscape AnyRes adaptive bit rate (ABR) transcoding technology optimizes your on-demand video content. You can offer exceptional video services for consumer tablets, smartphones, and other devices that connect over Wi-Fi, cellular networks, or the unmanaged Internet.
Cisco Videoscape AnyRes VoD is the next generation of the Cisco Transcode Manager platform. This comprehensive, highly scalable workflow solution helps streamline the creation of your multiscreen VoD assets and provides:
- Platform flexibility
- Simplified workflows
- Broad feature set
- Industry-leading performance
- Superior picture quality
Perform ABR transcoding using virtualized software on Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) servers or blades.
Use a single entry point for ingesting multiple file types and efficiently outputting all the assets that are necessary for playback on subscriber devices.
Broad Feature Set
This solution offers support for all the most popular ABR and distribution formats, internal or external encapsulation, and a range of resolutions and streams.
Get superior performance, including:
- Best-in-class density for H.264 and MPEG-2 encoding
- Industry-leading efficiency in power consumption
- Superior scalability in the data center or content delivery network (CDN)
Superior Picture Quality
Cisco Videoscape AnyRes VoD provides excellent picture quality at all resolutions.
By using these capabilities, you can:
- Increase revenue by extending revenue-generating on-demand content and offers to more screens
- Improve subscriber loyalty by providing a high-quality video experience on more screens and devices
- Cut capital expenses with high density and the ability to support multiple types of content and devices on one platform
- Reduce operational costs with a solution that streamlines and automates the end-to-end video transcoding workflow
Specifications at a Glance
Cisco Videoscape AnyRes VoD supports:
- MPEG-2 for CableLabs specifications
- Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), with encryption
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Smooth Streaming for H.264 and VC-1, with PlayReady (dual router mode)
- Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming Automated analysis and decision making on ingest and output
- Automated quality control
- Intelligent scalability and load balancing
- Modular software architecture, including virtualization
- Complete API
- Management GUI for workflow and monitoring
- Comprehensive reporting and customer management
Complete Content Publishing
Cisco Videoscape Media Suite fully and easily integrates with Cisco Videoscape AnyRes VoD. You get a completely modular, end-to-end platform to help manage, publish, and deliver innovative content services to PCs, televisions, and mobile devices.