Convert MPEG-2 to High-Performance, High-Density MPEG-4
Convert your MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 AVC with the compact and power-efficient Cisco Digital Content Manager (DCM) Transcoder platform. The IP-based transcoders can simultaneously process large volumes of standard-definition (SD) video and audio streams, or multiple high-definition (HD) streams, so you can manage and add channels easily and cost-effectively.
Based on the award-winning Cisco DCM platform, the transcoders also support MPEG remultiplexing, scrambling, transrating, and Digital Program Insertion (DPI).
Cisco Transcoders integrate with several conditional access systems, offer superior power supply and cooling redundancy, and support high-quality video transmissions over IP networks. The added flexibility of ASI and IP inputs and outputs let you place the Cisco DCM Transcoders in video distribution systems for cable, telco, or broadcast service providers.
- Industry-leading density (D9901/1RU and D9900/2RU) and low power consumption
- High-quality video with optional Picture-In-Picture (PIP) support
- Flexible modular and scalable architecture to fit your network
- Advanced power and cooling redundancy for maximal uptime
- Open interface toward management system including Cisco ROSA Video Service Management (VSM)