High-density, optical video platform for IPTV
The Scientific Atlanta Prisma II Video Platform enables operators to use their Fiber to the Home (FTTH) network to take advantage of a viable, cost-effective IPTV video delivery solution. By allowing network operators to use existing technologies to drive multiple video streams along fiber, the platform decreases time-to-market, while maximizing opportunities for new revenue streams from video services. Network Equipment Building System (NEBS) Level 3-certified optics provide smooth integration into FTTH networks.
New products in the Prisma II series offer:
- Baseband digital reverse optics in a new small form factor
- Extended high-performance, future-friendly heritage of Scientific Atlanta's Prisma II analog optics platform
- Maintenance of backward compatibility with legacy Prisma II products
- Support up to two reverse buses with plans calling for implementation of coarse wavelength division multiplexing (CWDM) and dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM)
- Versatile, cost-effective video delivery
The new Prisma II extra dense (XD) chassis accommodates up to 16 optical modules in a 3RU chassis that increases density by more than 30 percent over the existing Prisma II chassis. Prisma II multi-wavelength forward optics offer both improved performance and increased capacity for cable operators through enhanced fiber use in forward path transmissions, especially at longer distances.