|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Add Video to Your Telephony Solution
Cisco Unified CallManager provides a scalable, distributable, and highly available call-processing solution for enterprises.
The enhancements provided by Version 4.0 improve:
- Security with encryption, device/server identify verification, and the ability to ensure data integrity
- Interoperability with an expansion in the ability to connect with Q.SIG compatible systems, and enhancements to Cisco Unified CallManager APIs (AXL, JTAPI, TSP) that enable more applications to be developed to integrate with Cisco Unified CallManager and Cisco Unified IP Phones
- Usability with multiple calls per line, call join, direct transfer, immediate divert, ad-hoc conference list, and drop any member features
Version 4.0 also provides video telephony support, including support for SCCP (Skinny Client Control Protocol) and H.323 video, with the same administration and user experience for both voice and video.
Version 4.1 provides additional enhancements, including:
- Expansion in the devices that can participate in secure unified communications, including Cisco Unified IP Phones 7940G, 7960G, and 7970G, and Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) gateways
- Secure administration and troubleshooting with HTTPS
- Improved interoperability with path replacement and call completion features, as well as H.323 Annex M.1 support that improves feature transparency among Cisco Unified CallManager clusters
- Call coverage, time-of-day routing and restrictions, forced authorization codes, client matter codes, and further video telephony enhancements
- New administration features that enable a Cisco Unity voice mailbox to be configured simultaneously with an IP phone
Version 4.2 is based on the Microsoft Windows operating system and enhances usability for a number of important user features that have been supported in past releases, including park, hunt group, Cisco Unified CallManager Assistant (formerly Cisco IP Manager Assistant [IPMA]), and call pickup.
Version 4.3 adds support for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 operating system.
(All Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) Data Sheets)
Cisco Unified CallManager Version 4.3
Cisco Unified CallManager Version 4.2
(All Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices) Q&A
(All Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) Q&A)