Business-to-Business Unified Communications
Video Data Sheet
Learn how Cisco Intercompany Media Engine makes communications among separate companies and organizations as effortless and seamless as it is within an individual company. (4:34 min)
Get the Flash Player
The Cisco Intercompany Media Engine (IME) gives organizations a revolutionary way to extend their Cisco Unified Communications experience to their business partners or customers delivering feature rich interoperability via boundary-less collaboration as well as cost savings.
This worldwide, peer-to-peer network offers these features:
- Lets partners use calling features that are available between clusters (except extension mobility)
- Learns new routes, through calls to any business partner who participates in the Cisco Intercompany Media Network
- Offers encrypted signaling and media for all Intercompany Media Engine calls between partners
- Provides a high level of security, plus spam blocking, to help prevent mining for callable numbers belonging to your enterprise
- Reduces gateways and overhead, by moving calls from PSTN to direct SIP trunks over the Internet or an extranet
Gartner Positions Cisco as a Leader
Cisco is positioned in the Leader's Quadrant of Gartner's 2011 Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications.
Voicecon 2010 Best in Show Finalist
Cisco Intercompany Media Engine was recognized as having significant technical impact in enterprise communications.
Cisco Intercompany Media Engine Overview
Watch a brief video providing an overview of the Cisco Intercompany Media Engine.
» Watch Video (6:55 min)