Turn Analog Devices Into IP Devices
Improve cost-effectiveness of your communications with the Cisco ATA 187 Analog Telephone Adaptor, which turns traditional telephone and fax communications devices into IP devices. The adaptor addresses the needs of customers who connect to either enterprise networks, small-office environments, or the emerging VoIP-managed services and local services market.
Uses Existing LANS and Broadband
The Cisco ATA 187 Analog Telephone Adaptor supports two voice ports, each with its own independent telephone number, and a single RJ-45 10/100 Base-T Ethernet port. The adaptor can make use of existing Ethernet LANs, in addition to broadband services such as digital subscriber line (DSL), fixed wireless, and cable modem deployments.
The Cisco ATA 187 Analog Telephone Adaptor supports Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and requires Unified Communications Manager or Unified Communications Manager Business Edition System Release 7.1(5) or later.
Communications Features and Benefits:
- Cisco Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Line Side
- Standard T.38 Fax supports sending faxes over the IP network
- High performance line-echo cancellation eliminates noise and echo
- Advanced pre-processing optimizes full-duplex voice compression
Administration and Security Features and Benefits:
- Passwords protect configuration and access
- Media Secure Real-Time Transfer Protocol (sRTP) and highly secure signaling Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) enhances communications security
- Auto-provisioning with Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) servers speeds deployment
- Provides remote firmware upgrades using the network