|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Easier, Cost-Effective Networking
A fast network switch doesn't have to be complicated. One of the Cisco Small Business Smart Switches, the SLM224G combines the best elements of Cisco's premium managed switches under an intuitive, easy-to-use web interface. Its copper network ports help ensure top transfer rates and greater expansion opportunities.
The switch bundles traffic-shaping capabilities into its assortment of features that prioritize your network's high-bandwidth applications to deliver consistent, quality feeds for voice and video. The SLM224G won't pass data to users prior to authentication, and administrators can configure access levels based on the computer connected to the switch. Should you interconnect multiple switches, the SLM224G's redundancy features can keep the totality of your network alive if a connection fails.
Additional features of the SLM224G Gigabit Smart Switch include:
- A nonblocking switching capacity of 8.8 Gbps
- Port-level security using 802.1X authentication and MAC-based filtering
- Support for up to 128 port- and 802.1Q-based VLANs
- Link aggregation, spanning tree and portfast
- 802.1x port authentication and MAC address filtering
- Limited lifetime warranty with one year of technical support and free software fixes