Get Flexible, Top-of-Rack, Layer 2 and 3 Switching
Simplify management, enhance network visibility, and improve monitoring. Cisco Nexus 3000 Series offers low-latency, high programmability, and high-density switches in a fixed compact form factor. They’re ideal for general purpose deployments, high performance computing (HPC), high-frequency trading (HFT), Massively Scalable Date Center (MSDC), and cloud networks.
Video Data Sheet
Learn more about Cisco Nexus 3100 Switches. (3:53 min)Read Data Sheets
Features and Capabilities
Designed for data center top-of-rack deployments, the Cisco Nexus 3000 Series provides 24 to 128 ports offering flexible connectivity, high performance, and a comprehensive feature set to meet various data center requirements.
Choice of Cisco Nexus 3000 Series Platforms
Get 100 M, 1, and 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) wire-speed Layer 2 and 3 switching for general purpose data center top-of-rack (ToR) deployments.
These are highly programmable switches for 1,10, and 40 GE connectivity. They're ideal for deployments where a range of 1,10, or 40 Gb densities at line-rate speeds is required.
This innovation offers 1/10/40/100-Gbps connectivity,high performance and scalability, VXLAN routing, and enhanced 16 MB buffer space. They are ideal for enterprise applications, service provider hosting, high-performance computing (HPC), and cloud computing environments.
These highly programmable switches offer comprehensive feature sets and are coupled with low latency, large buffers, and table sizes for 10, 25,40,50, and 100 GE connectivity. They are well-suited for high performance, high-density, low-latency environments with changing application needs, such as big data, cloud, and virtualization.
This series offers 1,10, and 40 GE ports and a comprehensive feature set, including Cisco Algo Boost technology with the lowest latency in the industry. Cisco Nexus 3500 works well for high-frequency trading and high-performance compute deployments.
Cisco Nexus 3000 Series Switches Offer:
- Cisco Embedded Event Manager and Python scripting
- PowerOn Auto Provisioning (POAP) and PreBoot eXecution Environment (PXE) for touchless bootup and switch configuration
- Cisco Nexus Data Broker support for enhanced visibility and monitoring
- Integration with the Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager and XML management tools
- Advanced reboot capabilities that include hot and cold patching and fast-reboot capabilities
- Built-in DevOps automation tools like Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- NX-API support for a common programmatic approach across Cisco Nexus switches
- Support for customer applications through Python scripting, Bash shell, and Linux containers
- OpenStack and OpenFlow support for software-defined networking (SDN) deployments
Scalability and High Performance
- Multi-tenant scalability with VXLAN support
- Cisco bidirectional support for simplified migration to 40 GE
- Algoboost and Warp mode on Cisco Nexus 3500 Series Switches with the lowest latency in the industry
High Availability and Efficiency
- Modular operating software – NX-OS for fault isolation
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supply and fan modules
- Shared buffer architecture to allow for microbursts, regular data traffic flow, and jitter with increased network efficiency
Enhance Top-of-Rack Agility
Get on overview of the new, flexible Cisco Nexus 3100 switches. (PDF - 174 KB)Read At-a-Glance
A New Approach to Packet Brokering
Cisco Nexus Data Broker offers a scalable solution for network traffic monitoring.Learn More
Learn about the similarities and differences of the models within this product series.
Cisco Nexus 31108PC-V Switch
Cisco Nexus 31108TC-V Switch
Cisco Nexus 3548 Switch
Cisco Nexus 3524 Switch
Cisco Nexus 3264Q Switch
Cisco Nexus 3232C Switch
Cisco Nexus 3172 Switch
Cisco Nexus 3164Q Switch
Cisco Nexus 3132Q Switch
Cisco Nexus 3132Q-V Switch
Cisco Nexus 3064 Switch
Cisco Nexus 3048 Switch
Cisco Nexus 3016 Switch