|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Compact, Scalable Access Layer
The Cisco Nexus 2148T provides 48 Gigabit Ethernet server ports and four 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports in a compact one rack unit (1RU) form factor.
Learn about recent innovations in the Cisco Nexus Fabric Extenders. (5:00 min)
Designed to deliver the benefits of both top-of-rack and end-of-row configurations, the Cisco Nexus 2148T Fabric Extender features:
- A front-to-back cooling system that is compatible with data center hot- and cold-aisle designs
- Switch ports at the rear of the unit in close proximity to server ports
- Access to all user-serviceable components from the front panel
The combination of the Cisco Nexus 2148T with upstream Cisco Nexus Series Switches offers a highly cost-effective access-layer strategy for Gigabit Ethernet and mixed Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet server environments.
The Cisco Nexus 2148T also provides:
- Significant scalability for supporting Gigabit Ethernet environments with flexible control of oversubscription
- A clear way to protect your technology investments into the future with an easy migration path to low-latency 10 Gigabit Ethernet and a unified network fabric that supports LAN, SAN, and high-performance computing networks over a single access-layer connection
- Support for the same switch features across the entire access layer through centralized management
(All Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders Bulletins)
(All Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders Data Sheets) Presentations
(All Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders Presentations)