Compact, Scalable Access Layer
The Cisco Nexus 2148T provides 48 Gigabit Ethernet server ports and four 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports in a compact one rack unit (1RU) form factor.
Learn about recent innovations in the Cisco Nexus Fabric Extenders. (5:00 min)
Designed to deliver the benefits of both top-of-rack and end-of-row configurations, the Cisco Nexus 2148T Fabric Extender features:
- A front-to-back cooling system that is compatible with data center hot- and cold-aisle designs
- Switch ports at the rear of the unit in close proximity to server ports
- Access to all user-serviceable components from the front panel
The combination of the Cisco Nexus 2148T with upstream Cisco Nexus Series Switches offers a highly cost-effective access-layer strategy for Gigabit Ethernet and mixed Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet server environments.
The Cisco Nexus 2148T also provides:
- Significant scalability for supporting Gigabit Ethernet environments with flexible control of oversubscription
- A clear way to protect your technology investments into the future with an easy migration path to low-latency 10 Gigabit Ethernet and a unified network fabric that supports LAN, SAN, and high-performance computing networks over a single access-layer connection
- Support for the same switch features across the entire access layer through centralized management
(All Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders At-a-Glance)
(All Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders Bulletins)
(All Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders Data Sheets) Presentations
(All Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders Presentations)