Optimize your data center resources by providing integrated, high-performance applications to Cisco storage networks. Support disaster recovery, security, data mobility, and other heterogeneous storage requirements, without adding appliances or using host or array resources.
Cisco MDS 9000 Family Services Nodes provide network-hosted services to Cisco storage networks such as SAN extension (FCIP), I/O Acceleration (IOA), XRC Acceleration (XRC), Storage Media Encryption (SME), and Data Mobility Manager (DMM).
Network-assisted applications are enabled through the open Intelligent Services API (ISAPI). Cisco makes this development platform available to original storage manufacturers (OSMs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) who want to develop storage applications on the Cisco storage networks platform.
Storage network administrators will get:
- Flexibility to extend any service to any device in the storage network
- I/O intensive data path processing tasks at wire speed transparent to host and array applications
- Nondisruptive deployment (no SAN reconfiguration or rewiring to insert in-band appliances)
- High performance with dedicated network resources delivering services at wire speed
- Linear scalability through additional modules or switches
- Automatic dual-path load balancing for high availability
- Wizard-based provisioning via the Fabric Manager GUI