Simplify Your Data Migration
Cisco Data Mobility Manager (DMM) is a SAN-based service that moves data between heterogeneous storage arrays, and eliminates the need for multiple migration solutions. Its simplified approach reduces problems that can disrupt service.
As you upgrade, consolidate, and integrate new storage devices, Cisco DMM accelerates the migration process. It addresses array lease expiration and decommissioning, as well as:
- Capacity planning and tiered storage strategies
- Asynchronous and synchronous migration across heterogeneous arrays
- Migration within or across data centers
- Test/development data environment setup
- Migration from legacy end-of-life arrays, resulting in significant cost savings
Cisco DMM is implemented on the Cisco MDS 9000 18/4-Port Multiservice Module, and Cisco MDS 9222i Multiservice Modular Switch. It requires Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS Software Version 4.1 or later.
Transparent Insertion into Data Path
DMM allows data movement to be initiated and performed:
- Without configuration changes to the host, SAN, or array
- With minimal application disruption
- Without support from systems, database, or applications administrators
With DMM, you can:
- Change the migration rate to shorten windows during low traffic hours or minimize interference
- Verify the migration upon completion
- Manage all capabilities from an easy-to-use GUI wizard
- Move from a smaller logical unit number (LUN) to a larger LUN
- Migrate unlimited arrays or terabytes of data
Smarter and Faster Data Migration
View an animated demonstration of the benefits of Cisco Data Mobility Manager (DMM).
Maintain Service Availability (PDF - 274 KB)
Learn how Cisco Advanced Services for DMM can support an intelligent SAN with reliability, availability, and consistent performance.
DMM Configuration Guide
Find answers in this in-depth guide to planning, installing, configuring, and maintaining Cisco MDS 9000 Family Data Mobility Manager.
(All Cisco MDS 9000 Services-Oriented SANs At-a-Glance)
(All Cisco MDS 9000 Services-Oriented SANs Case Studies) Data Sheets
(All Cisco MDS 9000 Services-Oriented SANs Data Sheets) Q&A
(All Cisco MDS 9000 Services-Oriented SANs Q&A)