The Cisco SCE 8000 Series Service Control Engine is a network element specifically designed for carrier-grade deployments requiring high-capacity stateful application and session-based classification and control of application-level IP traffic per subscriber. The SCE 8000 Series offers:
- Industry-leading performance: The SCE 8000 Series is the foundation for Cisco's industry-leading deep packet inspection solution for multigigabit and 10 gigabit speeds. Cisco leads the industry in implementing service control capability for fast network connections.
- Stateful deep packet inspection: Instead of processing packets as individual events, the SCE 8000 Series fully reconstructs flows and the Layer 7 state of each application flow.
- High availability: Deployments requiring high reliability are supported by using two engines in a cascading configuration. The primary engine processes the IP traffic of two links while sharing state information with the secondary engine, which takes over in case of primary unit failure.
- Programmability: The SCE 8000 Series is programmable and extensible through the use of the Service Management Language (SML), providing extensible support for protocols and new network services.
Cisco Service Control Engine with Cisco Service Control Application
- Siminn Telecom's Web Security Solution Boosts Customer Loyalty (PDF - 196 KB)
Siminn Telecom integrates Service Control Engines and Websense for enhanced child Internet safety in Iceland.
- Cisco SCE 2000 Series Service Control Engine
- Cisco SCE 1000 Series Service Control Engine
- Cisco Service Control Application for Broadband
- Cisco Service Control Application for Mobile Networks