|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
High-Performance Rack-Mount Server
The Cisco UCS C460 M1 has the processor, memory, and local storage needed to handle the most demanding applications and server consolidation workloads. It expands the capabilities of unified computing to the most demanding and enterprise-critical applications and is the only Intel Xeon 7500 Series based rack-mount system with a built-in migration path to unified computing.
Learn more about Cisco UCS high-performance rack-mount server innovation. (4:48 min)
By extending unified computing to a wider range of workloads, your IT team can liberate resources and respond more quickly to business demands. The scalable performance and reliability features of Intel Xeon 7500 series processors help you increase virtualization and unify performance intensive applications in a standardized, simplified infrastructure.
The Cisco UCS C460 M1 server features:
- 4 rack unit (RU) rack-mount chassis
- 64 dual in-line memory module (DIMM) slots and up to 1 TB based on Samsung's 40nm class DDR3 technology
- Up to 12 small form-factor (SFF) optional SAS or SATA hot plug hard drives10 x PCIExpress (PCIe) slots
- Two 1/10 Gb Ethernet LAN on Motherboard (LOM) ports, two 10/100/1000 LOM ports plus baseboard management controller (BMC)
- Cisco Extended Memory Technology Overview
See how Cisco's patented technology increases performance and capacity for demanding virtualization and large-data-set workloads.
- Cisco UCS C460 M1 At-A-Glance (PDF - 786 KB)
Learn how you can expand the scope of virtualization to a wider range of demanding data center workloads.
- Managing Cisco UCS C-Series Servers
Learn more about this comprehensive, flexible, and standards-based set of management capabilities
- A Short Primer on Cisco Extended Memory (PDF - 300 KB)
Cisco Extended Memory Technology provides more cost effective large memory footprints for virtualized as well as nonvirtualized workloads.