|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
High-Performance, Memory-intensive Server
The Cisco UCS C250 M1 server is a high-performance, memory-intensive, two-socket, 2RU rack-mount server designed to increase performance and capacity for demanding virtualization and large-data-set workloads. It also can reduce the cost of smaller memory footprints.
The system is built for virtualized workloads in:
- Enterprise data centers
- Service provider environments
- Virtual desktop hosting
The system can also help increase performance for large-data-set workloads, including database management systems and modeling and simulation applications.
- Up to two Intel Xeon 5500 Series multicore processors
- Up to 384 GB of industry-standard double-data-rate (DDR3) main memory (48 dual in-line memory modules [DIMMs])
- Up to eight internal small form factor (SFF), (SAS), or (SATA) drives; up to 4 TB total
- RAID 0 and 1 support for up to eight SAS or SATA drives through optional PCI Express (PCIe) controller; and RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60 support for up to eight SAS or SATA drives with optional LSIMegaRAID adapter
- Support for up to five PCIe cards in three low-profile, half-length x8 and two full-height, half-length x16 slots
- Four integrated Gb Ethernet ports and two 10/100 Mbps Ethernet management ports for accessing the Cisco UCS Integrated Management Controller
- Front-panel interface with video, two USB, and serial port connections. Back-panel video, two USB, and serial port connections
- Increased reliability, availability, and serviceability through optional dual-redundant power supplies and front panel-accessible hot-swap cooling fans
Compare network adapter cards for the Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Servers
Cisco Extended Memory Technology Overview Video (3:29 min)
See how Cisco's patented technology increases performance and capacity for demanding virtualization and large-data-set workloads.
Managing Cisco UCS C-Series Servers (PDF - 337 KB)
Learn more about this comprehensive, flexible, and standards-based set of management capabilities.
A Short Primer on Cisco Extended Memory (PDF - 300 KB)
Cisco Extended Memory Technology provides more cost effective large memory footprints for virtualized as well as nonvirtualized workloads.