|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Simplifying I/O, Cabling, and Management
Get an overview of the fabric interconnect ecosystem for the Cisco Unified Computing System. (5:47 min)
The fabric extender extends the I/O fabric between the fabric interconnects and the blade-server chassis, enabling a lossless and deterministic Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) fabric to connect all blades and chassis together.
The first product in the series, the Cisco UCS 2104XP Fabric Extender, provides key benefits including the following:
- Reduced TCO through the use of FCoE, which enables significant component reduction
- High-speed, low-latency, FCoE-capable 10 Gigabit Ethernet to the chassis
- Up to two fabric extenders per chassis, which allows redundancy and increased bandwidth
- Hardware-based support for Cisco VN-Link architecture, helping optimize virtualized environments
- Built-in logic to manage chassis components including fans and power
- Simplified management -the fabric extender is fully managed through the fabric interconnect
- Cisco UCS C-Series Rack-mount Servers
Cisco will expand its commitment to the data center with UCS C-Series Servers--extending the innovations of the Unified Computing System with a rack mount form factor.
- Solution Overview: Cisco Unified Computing System (PDF - 3.4 MB)
The Cisco Unified Computing System unites compute, network, storage access, and virtualization into a cohesive system designed to reduce TCO and increase business agility.
- Technology Overview of Unified Computing
The Cisco Unified Computing System is built to meet today's demands while being ready to accommodate future technologies.
- How It Works - Video Demo
Accelerate the delivery of new services simply, reliably, and securely through end-to-end provisioning and migration support for both virtualized and non-virtualized systems.