|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Cisco VPN Client v3.x Replaces Cisco Secure VPN Client v1.x
Cisco VPN Client v3.x, which is compliant with Cisco Easy VPN, is replacing the Cisco Secure VPN Client v1.0 and v1.1. Cisco VPN Client v3.x provides greater ease of use and customized update capabilities, including:
- Dynamically-pushed VPN-policy configuration on a per group basis eliminates the need for manual client configuration
- Support for internal IP addresses, primary and secondary Windows Internet Name Service (WINS) and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Split-tunnel or no-split-tunnel options on a per group basis
- Support for policy-database support either locally on the router or via RADIUS
- Authentication of users via extended authentication
- The latest revisions of the mode configuration and extended authentication IKE extensions
Support will continue for Cisco Secure VPN Client v1.0 and v1.1 but no new features for it will be developed. Please refer to the End of Sale and End of Life announcement posted 27/June/2003.
New features are being developed for the Cisco VPN Client v3.x, and customers are encouraged to deploy the Cisco VPN Client v3.x.
More detailed information about the Cisco VPN Client v3.x is available at the following URL: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/index.html