Keep Your Email Secure and Confidential
Despite the rise in text messaging, instant messaging, social networking, and other forms of communication, email continues to be the predominant business collaboration tool. The unsecured nature of email, however, has caused the inadvertent and malicious exposure of sensitive information.
Email Encryption from the Cloud
Cisco Registered Envelope Service seamlessly secures your outbound messages.View datasheet
Deploy Easy-to-Use Email Encryption
Cisco Email Encryption overcomes the problems of earlier encryption technologies by providing a solution that:
- Meets compliance requirements for email encryption
- Delivers powerful new email control features
- Is easy to use, broad reaching, and affordable
Converging email functions into a single appliance means a simpler email infrastructure and lower capital and operational costs.
Flexible Sender Encryption
The sender can initiate encryption through a wide variety of methods, including:
- Installing an email client plug-in that can encrypt a message with the click of a button
- Marking the message as urgent
- Using a code word (such as "encrypt") in the subject line.
- Through the Business Class Email Application for smartphones and tablets
Emails can also be encrypted automatically through administrator-configured policies.
Flexible Key Management
Cisco takes the burden out of encryption key management through a hosted key management service. The Cisco Registered Envelope Service:
- Provides highly secure and transparent management of encryption key creation, distribution, and retention
- Operates from multiple Cisco data centers
- Has high availability and 10-year key retention
If an organization cannot permit a hosted key service, Cisco provides the flexibility of on-premises key management with the ZixGateway with Cisco Technology.
Easy Setup and Administration
With Cisco Email Encryption, email administrators can implement message-level encryption in two easy steps and be up and running in minutes. Cisco transparently manages key creation, distribution, and retention, as well as recipient user management.
Total Email Control
Unlike other email encryption solutions, with Cisco Email Encryption, senders remain in full control of their content, even after it has been sent. With Cisco Email Encryption, senders always have the option to lock the message, so they do not have to worry about:
- Mistyped recipient addresses
- Mistakes in content
- Time-sensitive messages
Cisco Email Encryption satisfies encryption regulatory requirements without being a burden on the senders, recipients, or email administrators. These requirements include state privacy regulations and European directives, as well as those of:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
Ease of use combined with powerful features means that now IT can offer encryption as a service, not a mandate.
Proven Encryption Technology
Cisco Email Encryption technology transforms email encryption. It satisfies compliance requirements while providing the opportunity to extend into areas that can add tangible business value.
Cisco provides email encryption technology that combines:
- Universal accessibility (send and receive on any email platform)
- Ease of use (no client software or public key infrastructure)
In addition, this solution has been proven in mission-critical deployments of up to 30 million recipients.