Application Acceleration for Mobile Workers
Extend application acceleration benefits to your mobile workers. Cisco WAAS Mobile addresses the unique challenges of mobile networks and offers a wide range of benefits:
- Because mobile workers experience a greater percentage of first-time traffic than branch users, WAAS Mobile applies aggressive application acceleration techniques to deliver excellent first-time download performance.
- WAAS Mobile optimizes cellular, satellite, WiFi, WiMax, and DSL networks to reduce timing variations, high latency, and noisy connections and increase link resiliency.
- Bi-directional history of data on both the mobile device and the WAAS Mobile server minimizes bandwidth consumption because history is shared across all protocols, across different VPN sessions, and even after a reboot.
- Application protocol optimizers reduce application round trips for file transfers, Outlook, enterprise web applications, and web browsing.
Secure Mobile Acceleration
- Compatible with a broad range of SSL and IP Security VPNs
- Optionally encrypted server and client history
- Encrypted transport
Low Total Cost of Ownership
- Up to 40 percent smaller footprint and fewer computing resources
- Centralized management capabilities and proven interoperability in Windows environments
- Easy deployment: up and running in 30 minutes
Read a Forrester Research analysis of the return on investment from Cisco WAAS and the flexibility that WAAS Mobile brings to the solution.
Accelerating Mobile Worker Performance
See how Fuji Xerox Australia is using Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS) Mobile to enhance remote worker productivity. (PDF - 176 KB)
Optimize Inventory Management
Learn best practices for enhancing Oracle Store Inventory Management application within a Cisco Lean Retail environment.
Improve Productivity and Data Sharing
Accelerate PTC Windchill PLM application and Pro/ENGINEER CAD data transfers over a wide area network with the Cisco Distributed Research and Development solution.