|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Optimize Branch Footprint with Application Integration
Optimizing the branch network and IT footprint is a key focus of reducing IT complexity today. The Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) has traditionally helped in consolidating the network infrastructure and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
The Cisco Application eXtension Platform (AXP) enhances the capabilities of the Cisco ISR by enabling a tighter integration between the branch network, IT and application infrastructure. The Cisco AXP further lowers TCO by providing an open Linux based platform to develop and host custom and third party applications directly on the Cisco ISR.
- Supported by Cisco 1841, 2800 Series, and 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers
- Linux-based integration environment with downloadable SDK
- Extensible Cisco CLI with Cisco IOS APIs
- Multiple applications support with the ability to segment and guarantee CPU, memory, and disk resources
- Certified libraries to implement C, Python, Perl, and Java applications
Value Proposition: The Network as a Platform
- Allows development partners to fully use the Cisco installed base and channel vehicles
- Creates new roads to revenues and higher margins for Cisco development partners and channel partners
- Increases customer satisfaction and loyalty by moving from a product-centric to a solution-centric approach
- Continues to lower total cost of ownership
Key Current Solutions
Get more details on current innovative and relevant solutions from Cisco development partners.
Optimize Your Branch, Consolidate Your Network (6:25 min)
Learn how Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS) Software and Application Extension Platform (AXP) complement each other to deliver a powerful network solution.
Optimize WAN Performance with the Peace Corps (11:55 min)
Lean how Cisco WAN optimization has helped the Peace Corps better service its facilities around the world.