|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
The Cisco MWR 1900 Mobile Wireless Edge Router is a compact, high-performance, and low-cost access router for mobile wireless operators extending IP connectivity to the cell site edge of the Radio Access Network (RAN). The Cisco MWR 1900 delivers a powerful solution that enables new applications and services in the RAN, reduces operating expenditures and total cost of ownership of RAN infrastructure, and improves competitive leverage of the RAN for operators evolving their cellular systems to incorporate new and emerging radio and mobile network technologies, while enhancing the profitability of their current systems.
Designed expressly to be Ciscos ideal platform for the RAN edge market, the Cisco MWR 1900 meets the mechanical and environmental requirements for installation in cell sites, and provides the processing capacity, through Cisco Systems patented Parallel eXpress Forwarding (PXF) technology, and connectivity options to meet the demands of new applications today, such as maximization of backhaul efficiency, cell site LAN extension, and remote cell site operations and management, while laying the foundation for a variety of applications in the future, such as broadband cellular backhaul and integration of WLAN and next-generation cellular radio systems.
The key features of the Cisco MWR 1900 Mobile Wireless Router are:
- Stackable, low-power, 1 RU high chassis with front-to-back airflow
- Two integrated 10/100 Base-T LAN ports
- Three integrated WAN Interface Card (WIC) slots
- One Network Module slotsupport for select Network Modules from the Cisco 3700 Series (future)
- 0 to 50°C extended operating temperature
- +24/27V DC input voltage (universal 20-60V DC planned for 1Q CY03)
- 100kpps MIPS RISC Route Processor
- Cisco PXF processor for hardware-accelerated services such as cRTP/cUDP, PPPmux, and Low Latency Queueing (LLQ)
- 128MB SDRAM
- T1/E1 Protection Switching between 1:1 redundant routers
(All Cisco MWR 1900 Mobile Wireless Routers End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices)