|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Compact, Cost-Effective Access or Edge Device
Take advantage of the 6-rack-unit size, high density, and high reliability of the carrier-class Cisco ONS 15310-MA SDH Multiservice Provisioning Platform (MSPP) for your access and edge networks. The Cisco ONS15310-MA SDH is a carrier-class MSPP that efficiently switches Ethernet and TDM traffic for use in metropolitan and regional optical networks, with the flexibility and scalability that allow it to support E1, E3/DS3, STM-1 to STM-16 SDH, and Ethernet interfaces.
Deployed as a metro access or edge device, the ONS 15310-MA can groom and aggregate traffic at various locations throughout the service provider network, including:
- The customer premises, where its configuration can be efficiently customized and scaled to meet the customer's service densities, grooming PDH, SDH and Ethernet traffic to the SDH back-haul.
- In end-office, interoffice facility (IOF), and CO applications, where it can groom traffic from multiple customer-located network elements such as the Cisco ONS 15305, Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series, or other Cisco ONS 15310-MA nodes for distribution to other networks, or as a hand-off to specialized networking devices such as Cisco ONS 15454 SDH, Cisco ONS 15600, Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP, Cisco 7600 Series routers, high-capacity digital cross-connects, or Class 5 telephone switches
Summary of Capabilities
- Multirate SDH interfaces (STM-1 to STM-16) including STM1-E
- Intra-office, short haul, long haul, CWDM and DWDM optics
- 21 to 126 E1, and 3 to 6 E3/DS3 protected or unprotected interfaces
- Carrier Ethernet (CE Series), Carrier Ethernet Multi-rate 10/100/100 (CE-MR Series) and Multilayer switched Ethernet (ML Series)
- Flexible networking: Subnetwork connection protection (SNCP), 1+1 multiplex section protection (MSP), unprotected span.
- Integrated Cisco Transport Controller (CTC) craft management tool and Cisco Transport Manager (CTM) for fast and easy operation
(All Cisco ONS 15300 Series Products Data Sheets List ) End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices
(All Cisco ONS 15300 Series Products End-of-Life Notices List )