Cisco IOS Software Release 15.0(1)S is the first in a series of individual Release 15 S new feature releases. Each release delivers aggregate functionality through its predecessor, including feature inheritance from Release 12.2(33)SRE, and introduces new technology and hardware support.
Important new Cisco 7600 Series Router features in Release 15.0(1)S include:
- In-Line Video Monitoring: Improves service-level agreements (SLAs) for production video delivery
- IEEE 1588v2: Converges to all-Ethernet 3G and 4G mobile network, including time-of-day
- Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) Ethernet Synchronization Messaging Channel (ESMC): Integrates management of clocking for all Ethernet 3G and 4G mobile
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Peering Enhancement: Eases BGP configuration, optimizes network operation, and reduces downtime
- mVPN Extranet: Delivers on-demand multicast services for VPN business customers
Release 15.0(1)S provides Static PseudoWire (PW) over Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Traffic Engineering (TE), which improves multicast resiliency and simplifies network designs. Other valuable Release 15.0(1)S features include:
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Nonstop Routing (NSR): Extends high availability to customer edge (CE) routers for better SLAs
- IEEE 802.1ad Full Compliance: Improves interoperability for multivendor environments
- Tunable Dense Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (DWDM) Optics: Improves operations and scale, with a simplified selection of wavelengths
- Application Control Engine (ACE) 30 Support: Improves scale and performance for Cisco ACE
- Metronome Shared Port Adapter (SPA) Support: Allows clocking solutions for circuit emulation and native Ethernet To be created
Cisco IOS Release 15.0(1)S also supports the Cisco 10000 Series Router.