|NOTE: This product is no longer being sold and might not be supported. View the End-of-Life Notice to learn:
Collaborate with Confidence
The Cisco WebEx Node is a shared port adapter (SPA) for the Cisco ASR 1000 Series. It provides enhanced performance and reduced bandwidth consumption for WebEx web, VoIP, and video sessions in a large enterprise. This is achieved by extending the hosted Cisco Collaboration Cloud into a large enterprise. Critical software components of the WebEx platform are deployed to an embedded processor within the onsite router.
The Cisco WebEx Node for ASR 1000 Series is easy to deploy and configure, and transparent to customers. It offers a powerful hybrid solution by blending the advantages of an onsite platform and a hosted solution.
Benefits of the Cisco WebEx Node for ASR 1000 include:
The highest level of WebEx meeting performance for all attendees
- Attendees connect to the closest node on-site or off-site
- WebEx Meeting Zone Manager, Collaboration Bridge, and Media Conference Server all run natively on the WebEx Node, replicating data as close to the attendees as possible
- Lowest possible latency
- Bandwidth savings of up to 90%
- Limits traffic on the WAN, proxies and firewalls
- Less congestion on the enterprise network
Low customer deployment and maintenance costs
- No dedicated servers or appliances
- Little admin or maintenance overhead for the enterprise
- Service operates transparently
The hosted solution provides:
- Worldwide reach
- 24-hour availability
- Reduced operational expenditures
For more information on the Cisco ASR 1000 Series, please visit the ASR 1000 Series site.
(All Cisco Shared Port Adapters SPA Interface Processors Data Sheets) End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices
(All Cisco Shared Port Adapters SPA Interface Processors End-of-Life and End-of-Sale Notices) White Papers
(All Cisco Shared Port Adapters SPA Interface Processors White Papers)