Provide Unified Communications Services
The Cisco Unified SIP Proxy (USP) is a high-performance, highly available Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) server for centralized routing and SIP signaling normalization. By forwarding requests between call-control domains, Cisco USP provides the means for routing sessions within enterprise and service provider networks.
Delivered as a network module on Cisco 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers, the application aggregates SIP elements and applies highly developed routing rules. These rules enhance control, management, and flexibility of SIP networks.
Cisco USP simplifies large deployments of:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Cisco Unified Border Element
- Cisco Unified Customer Voice Portal
- Other Cisco and multivendor products