Extend Capabilities of Router-Based Networks to Meet Tomorrow's Requirements
With the new Packet OC-3 Interface Processor for Cisco 7500 and 7000/RSP series routers, Cisco offers industry-leading broadband data interface bandwidth to support the most demanding applications across both local-area and wide-area networking environments.
Operating at 155 Mbps, the Packet OC-3 interface provides the highest available interface bandwidth for packet-based traffic and is completely compatible with SONET and Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) network facilities. By using standard packet protocols with efficient overhead structures, the Packet OC-3 Interface Processor maximizes data throughput and line utilization for expensive, high bandwidth facilities.
- Standards-compliant SONET/SDH interface
- Supports full-duplex operation at 155 Mbps
- Intermediate reach optical interface with single-mode fiber
- Optical interface with multimode fiber
- Supports SONET/STS-3c and SDH/STM-1 framing and signaling overhead
- Online insertion and removal (OIR), enabling users to remove, add, or replace interface processors on line
- 16 to 64 Mbytes of onboard packet and program memory to support transmit and receive buffering
- Software download capability optimizes operation across long distance links and reduces management costs by enabling remote administration