Achieve Convergence, Scale, and Intelligence
Cisco MDS 9000 Family 8-Gbps Advanced Fibre Channel Switching Modules deliver high-performance features to help enable convergence, scale, and intelligence in large, virtualized data centers.
Innovative features include:
- Up to 528 line-rate 8-Gbps Fibre Channel (FC) ports per chassis
- Industry-first technologies such as Cisco FlexSpeed and arbitrated local switching
- Intelligent fabric services: integrated virtual storage area networks (VSANs), Inter-VSAN Routing (IVR), and Port Channels
The 48-Port 8-Gbps Advanced Fibre Channel Switching Module provides higher port density, ideal for connecting high-performance and virtualized servers. This module supports 48-ports of line-rate 8-Gbps with Arbitrated Local Switching, and is perfect for deploying dense virtual machine clusters.
Cisco MDS 9000 8-Gbps Advanced Fibre Channel Switching Modules offer:
- High-performance 512-Gbps full-duplex aggregate bandwidth for attachment of 8-Gbps storage subsystems, and 8-Gbps or 10-Gbps Inter-Switch Links (ISLs)
- Cisco FlexSpeed technology to dynamically configure a port as either 1/2/4/8-Gbps or 10-Gbps Fibre Channel interface
- Line-rate switching for up to 528 8-Gbps ports for bandwidth of 8.4 terabits per second per chassis to consolidate SAN deployments
- Cisco VMpath technology to simplify infrastructure management: manage the physical and virtual network across the data center
- Compatibility with all Cisco MDS 9500 Series Multilayer Directors to protect your investment and lower total cost of ownership
- Fibre Channel Innovations for Unified Fabric
Learn how the Cisco MDS 9000 8-Gbps Advanced Fibre Channel Switching Modules improve convergence, scale, and intelligence.