Protect Your Storage Investment
The Cisco MDS 9000 18/4-Port Multiservice Module delivers multiprotocol and distributed multiservice convergence offering:
- High-performance SAN extension and disaster recovery solutions
- Intelligent fabric services
- Cost-effective multiprotocol connectivity
The module offers 18 4-Gbps Fibre Channel ports and 4 Gigabit Ethernet IP storage services ports. Supported in the Cisco MDS 9200 Series Switches and MDS 9500 Series Directors, it delivers significant investment protection.
Product highlights include:
- Integrated hardware-based virtual fabric isolation with virtual SANs (VSANs) and Fibre Channel routing with inter-VSAN routing
- Remote SAN extension with high-performance Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP)
- Long distance over Fibre Channel with extended buffer-to-buffer credits
- Multiprotocol and mainframe support (Fibre Channel, FCIP, Small Computer System Interface over IP [iSCSI], and IBM Fibre Connection [FICON])
- IPv6 capability
- Platform for intelligent fabric applications such as Storage Media Encryption, Data Mobility Manager, FICON XRC Acceleration, and EMC Recoverpoint
- Supported without limitation in MDS 9200 and 9500 Series chassis
- Cisco MDS 9000 NX-OS Software Release 4.2
The software that powers the Cisco MDS 9000 Series Multilayer Switches is designed to create a strategic SAN platform with superior reliability, performance, and scalability.
- Why Choose the Cisco MDS 9000 Family?
With industry-leading features and advanced capabilities, Cisco MDS 9000 Switches are an ideal platform for hosting intelligent multilayer services that fulfill business needs.