Non-terrestrial WAN Backup and Multicast Content Distribution
The Cisco IP VSAT Satellite WAN Network Module provides two-way broadband satellite connectivity on the Cisco 2800 and 3800 series Integrated Services Routers as well as the Cisco 2600XM, 2691, and 3700 series access routers. It supports Ku-band and C-band frequencies for transmission over the most widely available satellite capacity to provide:
- Business continuity: Satellite-based WAN backup is independent of terrestrial infrastructure and provides rapid recovery from disruptions due to service provider outages or disasters.
- High-quality video, audio, and content delivery: Satellite is ideal for the delivery of bandwidth intensive data and video content to multiple locations from a central site.
- Mobile communications for disaster recovery: With the Cisco IP VSAT module providing backhaul to the Internet using an auto-pointing portable VSAT antenna, you can put together a completely autonomous, rapidly deployable, and cost-effective communications kit.
Key Features and Benefits
- Two-way IP Unicast and Multicast connectivity
- Up to 1.5 Mbps uplink and 10 Mbps downlink
- Built-in TCP and HTTP acceleration for bandwidth efficiency
- Dedicated access mode for high-priority traffic such as voice traffic
- Centralized management from hub network management solution (NMS)
- Dynamic routing protocols support Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing (EIGRP), and Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) protocols
- Accelerated VPN and quality-of-service (QoS) support (future release)
(All Cisco Network Modules Products Brochure List ) Data Sheets
(All Cisco Network Modules Products Data Sheets List ) Q&A
(All Cisco Network Modules Products Q and As List )