Easy-to-Use, Reliable, Scalable Switching
Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series VSSE 720 with 10GE uplinks Video Data Sheet
Video Data Sheet
The Virtual Switching Supervisor 720-10G is ideal distribution, core and high-performance access deployments. It includes two 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks and is the key to creating a Virtual Switching System 1440. (4:53 min)
Get the Flash Player
Network system virtualization in the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Virtual Switching Supervisor 720-10G takes Catalyst 6500 switching platform to the next level. The supervisor offers two 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks and two Gigabit Ethernet uplinks.
Creating a VSS 1440
The Virtual Switching Supervisor is a key component of the Cisco Virtual Switching System 1440.
Any two Catalyst 6500 Series Switches with this supervisor engine can be pooled into a VSS 1440. The two switches are connected with 10 Gigabit Ethernet links called Virtual Switch Links (VSLs) to form a single virtual Catalyst switch.
Highest Services Scalability
Virtual Switching Supervisor 720-10G is part of a third-generation suite of switching modules intended to continue lowering the total cost of ownership (TCO). It offers the following features and benefits:
- Enables Virtual Switching System 1440
- Allows two 10 Gigabit Ethernet and two Gigabit Ethernet uplinks to be active simultaneously; with redundant supervisors, allows all ten uplinks to be active
- Enhances technology investment through compatibility with existing module and multitier architecture
- Enables new applications and services
- Delivers scalable and predictable performance
- Simplifies network operations with a wide range of features
- Is ideal for deployments in distribution, core, and data centers in enterprise environments and service provider networks
(All Cisco Network Modules Products Data Sheets List ) Q&A
(All Cisco Network Modules Products Q and As List ) White Papers
(All Cisco Network Modules Products White Papers List )