Cisco® Interactive Experience Platform transforms customer experiences with interactive content and applications. The solution allows businesses and public agencies to deliver interactive content and information in real time, improving loyalty and revenues, while increasing efficiencies in business processes.
Cisco provides a comprehensive service offering to help customers prepare, plan, design, and deploy the Cisco Interactive Experience Platform, as well as to provide the level of maintenance and support that customers may need.
Planning, Design, and Implementation Services
From planning through implementation, Cisco Interactive Experience Platform customers want to be sure that their solution is designed to meet their specific business requirements and work smoothly with their existing network and business applications. Customers also want to be able to take advantage of the flexibility of the Cisco Interactive Experience Platform to meet future needs. With Cisco Services, you can be confident about your deployment schedule, budget, and the performance of your Cisco Interactive Experience Platform in meeting your business needs. To design and implement a solution that meets all of these goals requires a combination of deep experience with designing and implementing interactive media solutions. Planning, Design, and Implementation (PDI) services for the Cisco Interactive Experience Platform can help customers realize the full value of their interactive digital media solution and help transform their businesses.
The following PDI services are available:
1. Interactive Experience Platform Workshop
2. Basic Deployment
3. Premium Deployment
4. End User Training
5. Custom Content Services
6. Cloud Managed IEM Service
Interactive Experience Platform Workshop
Interactive Experience Platform Workshop is a two-day workshop covering the following topics: industry overview, current situation, capabilities, engagement planning, requirements, use cases, and deployment planning. The Cisco Interactive Service Solution’s conceptual overview, logical architecture, and deployment reference will be presented. Customers will learn about mission-critical applications architecture and deployment and content optimization. All aspects of engagement planning will be reviewed, including scope, engagement model, and roles and responsibilities.
With the help of the Cisco services team, customers will define the business problem that they are trying to solve and will document and prioritize use cases and a solution architecture. In addition, their current situation will be explored including crucial challenges, current operational processes, and business and technical requirements.
During the workshop, the Cisco services team will collect, document, analyze, and prioritize business requirements and will work with the customer to create a deployment plan.
Note: This workshop is a prerequisite for both Basic Deployment and Premium Deployment.
Basic Deployment provides a basic installation of the Cisco Interactive Experience Platform on the customer’s premises. The Cisco Interactive Experience Manager (IEM) and Cisco Interactive Experience Client (IEC) 4600 Series hardware and software will be racked, stacked, and configured. Other Cisco and third-party devices that are part of the solution will also be installed and configured. Deployment of Cisco Unified Communications or other Cisco technologies and installation of other peripherals are not included in Basic Deployment.
There are three phases during basic deployment:
1. Plan: During this phase, the Cisco Services team will gather requirements and develop a deployment plan.
2. Design: All planning documents are reviewed and the scope of deployment is defined along with a detailed solution deployment design.
3. Implement: The solution is installed, configured, and deployed, and the use cases are validated.
At the end of the deployment, the Cisco Services team will deliver a deployment design plan, configuration specifications, an inventory of managed systems, and a validation report.
Note: The workshop and its deliverables, including the customer’s network architecture and application architecture, are prerequisites for Basic Deployment.
There are three basic deployments available:
1. Pilot (1-20 IECs)
2. Small (21-50 IECs)
3. Medium (51-100 IECs)
Premium Deployment provides a customized installation of the Cisco Interactive Experience Platform at a customer’s location. Premium Deployment includes installation and detailed configuration of all Cisco hardware, software, and peripherals such as switches and cameras. Policies and groups will be configured on the Cisco IEM to the customer’s specifications. In addition, third-party products and applications can be integrated, and use cases will be validated.
Premium deployment provides a detailed approach to validating features, functionality, and the high- level architecture; assessing network and operational readiness; and specifying site requirements. The Cisco Services team will prepare a high-level design that documents end-user service needs and associated technical requirements, such as availability, capacity, and security. The high-level design also identifies the appropriate products, features, and functionality. This service helps minimize the need for rework during the design phase by identifying the required technologies and features early in the process and validating those requirements with the customer.
The service builds upon the high-level design and plan. It helps ensure that the team has a comprehensive design for resource planning, integration and migration requirements, timeline for implementation, smooth migration of existing content, a customer acceptance test plan, and assurance that the system can be validated prior to final deployment. During the implementation phase of the deployment, the Cisco Services team reviews requirements, architecture, and use cases. The implementation service also prepares the customer’s site and staff to support the Cisco Interactive Experience Platform.
At the end of deployment, the Cisco Services team will deliver a deployment design plan, configuration specifications, a managed systems inventory, a validation report, and a customization report.
Note: The workshop and its deliverables, including the customer’s network architecture and application architecture, are prerequisites for Premium Deployment.
End User Training
End User Training is an onsite session that provides end user training for the Interactive Experience Platform and includes project management, training design and delivery, and gathering feedback and evaluation. The training covers product architecture, application deployment strategy, operations and management, and content creation.
Custom Content Services
Custom Content Services help customers to develop their content strategy as well as to design, create, and transform content for the interactive displays to support their business and communication goals and optimize their investment in the Cisco Interactive Experience Platform. Custom Content Services provides HTML applications development, multimedia content development, and optimization of existing content. Custom Content Services incorporate best practices for content design, conduct a content strategy review, and evaluate existing content for repurposing.
Creating or transforming content for interactive displays requires an understanding of content appropriateness, knowledge of the format requirements, and the capabilities of the solution. Without this expertise, the result may be distorted content, displays at inappropriate resolution, blank screens, or ineffective content. Custom Content Services help customers deliver the right visual experience to their target audience so that the required message is on the right screen, at the right time, and in the right format. This includes providing:
● Templates (zones within a screen), based on the target market and display location, that make it faster and easier to deploy content
● Playlists designed in accordance with the physical location of the display as well as the requirements for content sequence and duration
● Content rotation and scheduling for daily, weekly, or monthly activity
● Application development
The first step is a review of the customer’s existing content strategy to help ensure that it addresses the strengths and capabilities of the solution. If a content strategy does not exist, Cisco can provide strategy templates or consult with the customer on the development of a custom strategy. Once the content strategy is in place, Cisco analyzes the content type, format, and size of the customer’s existing content to determine how it can be repurposed and displayed correctly on an interactive display.
Custom Content Services help customers to:
● Ensure that their existing content strategy covers interactive displays and that proposed content aligns with this strategy
● Transform existing content or design new content in the appropriate format to create the desired visual experience
● Adhere to network parameters while creating content compatible with reliable performance over the network
Cloud Managed IEM Service
Enterprises, service providers, small businesses, and governments are looking for cloud solutions to solve some of their biggest business and technology challenges. Some Cisco Partners offer a cloud managed IEM service to Cisco customers. A cloud managed IEM service offers no IEM capital investment. Instead, customers purchase their own IEC 4600 Series hardware and software and then register and manage those devices on a partner’s IEM. This service is an economical alternative that does not compromise security or functionality.
With the Cloud Managed IEM Service, customers can:
● Stay up-to-date: Get the latest product enhancements whenever there is a Cisco Interactive Experience Platform major software release.
● Stay protected: Customers have guaranteed access to new software upgrades and patches.
● Stay cost-effective: A managed service can help customers plan for the future while saving money compared to buying and installing the IEM themselves.
● Stay productive: The process of planning, buying, deploying, and maintaining solution upgrades is much easier and faster.
● Stay in touch: Customers get unlimited access to a highly trained team of certified partners who are ready to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
● Stay knowledgeable: Using the Cisco.com knowledge base, customers can quickly and easily access technical resources, peer-to-peer online forums, newsletters, and online tools.
Two support services are available:
1. Interactive Experience Platform Support
2. Remote Management Services
Interactive Experience Platform Support
Interactive Experience Platform Support is a service that provides hardware and software support to customers who have deployed the Cisco Interactive Experience Platform. This service provides customers with a single point of contact to give them the timely support they need to resolve any issues with the solution’s products.
Table 1. Cisco Interactive Services Support Features
Interactive Experience Platform Support excluding hardware replacement
Interactive Experience Platform Support including hardware replacement
Cisco Technical Assistance Center
Business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) access to level 1 solution support and levels 2 and 3 Cisco product support
Cisco Knowledge Base and Tools
Access to http://www.cisco.com/support portal and knowledge base
Operating System Software
Operating system software updates for problem fixes and downloading compatible new software releases
Advanced Hardware Replacement Options
● Interactive Experience Manager (base software license, IEP Manager License)
● Interactive Experience Client
The Interactive Experience Platform Support service includes the following:
● Direct access to specialized engineers in the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC): Cisco TAC is staffed by engineers trained to support Cisco and crucial non-Cisco products that are part of the solution. The TAC has remote management capabilities to reduce issue resolution time and increase uptime for the deployment. Level-one triage is provided for Cisco products and third-party products that are part of the Cisco Interactive Experience Platform. For other Cisco products, engineers coordinate with level-two and level-three support groups within Cisco. If the issue is related to a third-party product, support engineers provide a diagnosis that helps the customer invoke the relevant third-party product support process. If the issue is related to a third-party technology for which Cisco has an existing alliance, the engineer may contact the third party to invoke support on behalf of the customer if the customer provides preauthorization.
● Online resources, including Cisco’s knowledge base to provide fast self-service support: The Cisco Support and Documentation website offers award-winning resources that provide up-to-date technical information to use any day, anytime, on demand. Customers can use My Cisco to organize and track the information that matters most to them, including automated troubleshooting tools and technical documents related to the Cisco Interactive Experience Platform.
● Operating system software updates for problem fixes and new software releases: Customers can protect their investment and extend the life of their Cisco products with anytime, online access to the latest operating system software updates within their licensed Cisco Interactive Experience Platform feature set.
● Optional hardware replacement: Customers can choose service-level options that provide hardware replacement in as little as 4 hours or the next business day.
Remote Management Services
Remote Management Services (RMS) provides global remote management 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for select products in the solution. RMS service includes incident and problem management, remote monitoring, availability management, configuration, and change management. This service is not available for third-party products.
For more information about Cisco Interactive Experience Platform Support, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your local account representative.
Cisco Services provides the following benefits to customers:
● Align new interactive digital media capabilities with customers’ business requirements
● Build flexibility and scalability into the design
● Address any critical gaps in technical and operational performance
● Install the solution at the customer’s site
● Accelerate business transformation
● Create customized content
● Repurpose existing content
● Create a design that meets deployment requirements today and integrates innovative media applications in the future
● Help to enable customers to identify and implement necessary infrastructure changes to support the solution
● Safeguard against downtime and provide expert response for optimal performance
● Continue to optimize solution to keep pace with new technologies and changing business requirements
● Train staff to manage the solution
● Support hardware and software
● Provide global remote management
Why Cisco Services
Cisco Services make networks, applications, and the people who use them work better together. Today, the network is a strategic platform in a world demanding better integration between people, information, and ideas. The network works better when services, together with products, create solutions aligned with business needs and opportunities. With a collaborative delivery methodology that joins the forces of Cisco, our skilled network of partners, and our customers, we achieve the best results.
Financing to Help You Achieve Your Objectives
Cisco Capital can help you acquire the technology you need to achieve your objectives and stay competitive. We can help you reduce CapEx. Accelerate your growth. Optimize your investment dollars and ROI. Cisco Capital financing gives you flexibility in acquiring hardware, software, services, and complementary third-party equipment. And there’s just one predictable payment. Cisco Capital is available in more than 100 countries..
For More Information
For more information about Cisco Interactive Experience Platform, visitor contact your local Cisco account representative.