PDF(169.1 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
The Cisco Prosumer Video solution includes the Cisco Flip MinoPRO camcorder and the Cisco FocalPoint. Cisco FocalPoint is an online video workspace for uploading, organizing, and sharing video.
Cisco FocalPoint make it easy to share, upload, and manage videos securely within your organization. Cisco FocalPoint helps businesses communicate more quickly and more dynamically with video content. As part of the Cisco Prosumer Video solution in the Cisco Collaboration portfolio, Cisco FocalPoint complements the Cisco Flip MinoPRO camcorder by bringing people, information, and an integrated solution for video capture and sharing together through an easy-to-use, web-based platform (Figure 1).
Figure 1. Cisco FocalPoint
Features and Benefits
Cisco FocalPoint provides the following benefits:
• Deliver your messages dynamically: Focus on delivering your messages more quickly by viewing, sharing, and editing videos across multiple functional areas within your organization. Accentuate important points to deliver your message with greater impact.
• Increase collaboration: Sending corporate trainers to branch offices is costly in terms of time, travel expense, and carbon emissions. Cisco Online Video Workspace Client and Cisco Online Video Workspace cloud application make it easy and cost-effective to create and collaborate on video training materials.
• Improve knowledge transfer: Use Cisco Online Video Workspace Client and Cisco Online Video Workspace cloud application to share best practices, winning sales techniques, complex process and designs, and more across your business.
• Boost information retention and compliance: Cisco FocalPoint makes it easy and convenient for the audience to access important instructions and information at any time.
Cisco FocalPoint provides the following features:
• Upload video that you captured on your Cisco Flip MinoPRO camcorder
• Control who can view your videos by assigning viewing rights
• Organize videos in folders, such as one for each classroom in a school, or one for each project in a company division
• Edit videos to capture key messages
Table 1 gives specifications of Cisco FocalPoint and Table 2 gives system requirements.
Table 1. Product Specifications
English, French (France - Coming Soon)
US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia (Coming Soon), New Zealand (Coming Soon) and Mexico
Table 2. System Requirements
3.0 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or faster processor, Windows XP SP2, Vista, Windows 7 512 MB (XP), 1 GB of RAM (Vista/Win7)
Mac®: 1.66 GHz Intel® Core Duo® or faster processor with 1 GB of RAM, OS X Leopard 10.5® or OS X Snow Leopard® 10.6, and a USB port