The Cisco® Digital Media Suite is a comprehensive offering of webcasting and video sharing, digital signage, and business IPTV applications that can help transform how organizations learn, grow, communicate, and collaborate. Support from the broad Cisco partner ecosystem of deployment, solution-development, and content-creation partners helps ensure a successful digital media implementation.
Transform Your Organization with Digital Media
Today, digital media is the most compelling platform to instantly and effectively reach customers, employees, partners, and students with important information, news, training, and events. It is effective because it preserves characteristics of face-to-face communication and brings both intimacy and immediacy to communications.
Studies show that people are far more likely to engage and retain information they can both see and hear. With digital media, it is possible to absorb and easily remember large amounts of often complicated information. And digital media is versatile: it draws viewers in whether the content is marketing, internal communications, training, advertising, or entertainment materials. An increasing number of organizations are using digital media to deliver timely and targeted communications. Digital media is creating a new kind of customer experience and facilitating business transformation.
Organizations of all sizes increasingly strive to improve external and internal communications in order to retain customers, compete, and grow their business globally.
With digital media, organizations can provide direct, relevant communications, and create richer and more satisfying experiences both for customers and end users - ultimately accelerating business transformation across many aspects of the business.
However, until now, deploying digital media has typically required complex integrations of individual components from multiple—often small—vendors, resulting in a high total cost of ownership and limited scalability. Additionally, organizations have faced challenges with content management, network integration, and content distribution, and tools that are too difficult for business users to operate.
These concerns point to the need for an integrated offering that can handle creation, management, and publishing content to digital displays and the desktop, while also flexibly supporting standard formats for live and on-demand content publishing.
The Solution: Cisco Digital Media Suite
Cisco Digital Media Suite is a highlight of Cisco innovation, building on the company’s history and expertise in video and networking. It allows organizations to use high-quality, dynamic digital media to easily connect customers, employees, partners, and students anywhere, anytime.
Cisco Digital Media Suite extends digital media to new, compelling applications for real-time and on-demand communications with flexible digital media creation, management, and publishing of content in various formats to multiple devices.
With Cisco Digital Media Suite, organizations across all industries can increase sales, enhance the customer experience, and facilitate learning.
For example, financial services organizations can:
● Improve the customer experience by providing relevant marketing content, news, and information to customers waiting in branch-office locations
● Use the network to full advantage to accelerate product and services introductions
● Use digital signs for before- and after-hours training to improve sales productivity and efficiency
● Enhance and extend the influence of executive and corporate communications on our culture
Retailers can use digital media to reach customers with targeted marketing and promotions on digital signs at point-of-purchase locations to accelerate sales, throughout the store to improve customer satisfaction and the in-store experience, and through the web. In addition, the cost of marketing programs can be reduced compared to traditional signage based on physical media.
Educational institutions can extend the learning environment by delivering on-demand lectures and materials to desktops and live broadcasts to classrooms and dorm rooms. They also can provide schedules, news, emergency messaging, and relevant information on digital signs around campus.
Other industries that are also rapidly adopting the Cisco Digital Media Suite include government, healthcare, sports and entertainment, safety and security, and transportation.
Cisco Digital Media Suite Business Benefits
With the Cisco Digital Media Suite, organizations can:
● Learn: They can provide training to employees, customers, and partners while saving money on travel costs, in addition to providing classroom alternatives, reaching geographically dispersed students, and enabling project-based learning.
● Grow: They can expand revenue opportunities with product promotion and advertising opportunities.
● Communicate: Video is now secure and easy to create, search, and share, making it an easy, scalable, and cost-effective form of communication.
● Collaborate: Information sharing through video and digital media across organizations increases productivity, accelerates time to market, facilities faster decision making, and promotes sharing of expertise.
A Comprehensive Suite of Business Video Systems
● Cisco Digital Media Suite can help transform how organizations learn, grow, communicate, and collaborate:
● Cisco Digital Signs is a network-based digital signage application that helps organizations enhance customer experience, deliver information and training, and accelerate sales.
● Cisco Cast is a business IPTV application that delivers live and on-demand video and broadcast TV channels over IP to digital screens.
● Cisco Show and Share is a webcasting and video sharing application that helps organizations create secure video communities to share ideas and expertise, optimize global video collaboration, and personalize the connections among customers, employees, and students with user-generated content.
An Integrated Product Portfolio
Cisco Digital Media Suite (Figure 1) allows you to create, manage, and access content for these applications from a single platform:
● Content creation with Cisco Digital Media Encoders (DMEs): The Cisco Digital Media Encoders capture and digitize media from a variety of inputs into a variety of digital formats for live and on-demand delivery across an IP network, and also provide monitoring functions. The Cisco Digital Media Encoder 2200 is a dual-input, studio-level encoder, whereas the Cisco Digital Media Encoder 1100 is single-channel portable encoder that allows organizations to capture and stream video outside of the studio.
● Manage media with the Cisco Digital Media Manager (DMM): This web-based centralized media-management application allows both business and IT users to remotely perform management tasks based on roles for Cisco Digital Signs, Cisco Cast, and Cisco Show and Share. The Cisco DMM provides flexible tools for managing content assets and approval flows, creating playlists, and scheduling instant and future content playback. Content managers also can manage Q&A sessions for live desktop video broadcasts and synchronize slides for both live events and video on demand (VoD). The DMM allows content designers to customize Cisco Digital Signs screen layouts and brand the Cisco Show and Share interface. IT users can remotely configure, manage, and monitor the network of Cisco Digital Signs.
● Publish content to Cisco Digital Media Players (DMPs): The Cisco Digital Media Manager publishes content to Cisco DMPs and manages networked Cisco media players. Cisco DMPs are highly reliable IP-based hardware endpoints that enable Cisco Digital Signs and Cisco Cast by playing high-definition live and on-demand video, motion graphics, and web and dynamic content on digital displays for Cisco Digital Signs and Cisco Cast. The DMP hardware options include support for standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD) formats, MPEG2 and MPEG4/H.264, Flash, Really Simple Syndication (RSS), and other web content formats and dynamic data.
● Access content interactively through Cisco Show and Share: This webcasting and video sharing application allows users to browse, search, and view digital media interactively at their desktops. Features include secure login and access to user-specific content, video playlists, keyword search and program guide, full-screen video playback, slide synchronization alongside video, question submission with live webcasts, video sharing, and detailed content and user access reporting. Cisco Show and Share can also be accessed anytime—anywhere through the mobile client for Apple iOS devices. When connected to a Cisco Show and Share system, the mobile clients provides the following features: secure login, browse and search capabilities, view, rate, share and provide comments for on-demand videos, record, upload, and publish on-demand videos from the Apple iOS devices to a Cisco Show and Share system. Cisco Show and Share supports established video formats such as Windows Media, Flash, and MPEG4/H.264.
A Broad Partner Ecosystem
Cisco Digital Media Suite offers a broad partner ecosystem. Our partners provide deployment, solution-development, and content-creation to support a successful digital media implementation. The Cisco partner ecosystem includes:
● Focused partner community: These trained channel partners and systems integrators are specialized in Cisco Digital Media Suite deployments.
● Solution-development partners: These partners continue to develop integrated solutions to further extend the capabilities of the Cisco Digital Media Suite for applications such as meeting-room, interactive, and event-based signage.
● Content-development partners: A global qualification program, the Cisco Academy of Digital Signage (http://www.cisco.com/go/dms/ads) trains media professionals in how to plan, create, design, and optimize content for digital signage networks. The result is to create a pool of Cisco qualified content-development partners.
Service and Support
Cisco and our partners provide a broad portfolio of smart, personalized services and support that can help you realize the full value of your video investment, and increase business agility and network availability. This portfolio of services drives business transformation through a network-based collaboration platform that enables business to collaborate anywhere, anytime. For more information about these services, visit: http://www.cisco.com/go/services/digitalmedia.
For More Information
For more information about the Cisco Digital Media Suite, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/dms or contact your local Cisco account representative.