Transform Your Organization with Digital Media
The Solution: Cisco Digital Media Suite
• Improve the customer experience by providing relevant marketing content, news, and information to customers waiting in branch-office locations
• Use the network to full advantage to accelerate product and services introductions
• Use digital signs for before- and after-hours training to improve sales productivity and efficiency
• Enhance and extend the influence of executive and corporate communications on our culture
Cisco Digital Media Suite Business Benefits
• Learn: They can provide training to employees, customers, and partners while saving money on travel costs, in addition to providing classroom alternatives, reaching geographically dispersed students, and enabling project-based learning.
• Grow: They can expand revenue opportunities with product promotion and advertising opportunities.
• Communicate: Video is now secure and easy to create, search, and share, making it an easy, scalable, and cost-effective form of communication.
• Collaborate: Information sharing through video and digital media across organizations increases productivity, accelerates time to market, facilities faster decision making, and promotes sharing of expertise.
A Comprehensive Suite of Business Video Systems
• Cisco Digital Media Suite can help transform how organizations learn, grow, communicate, and collaborate:
• Cisco Digital Signs is a network-based digital signage application that helps organizations enhance customer experience, deliver information and training, and accelerate sales.
• Cisco Cast is a business IPTV application that delivers live and on-demand video and broadcast TV channels over IP to digital screens.
• Cisco Show and Share is a webcasting and video sharing application that helps organizations create secure video communities to share ideas and expertise, optimize global video collaboration, and personalize the connections among customers, employees, and students with user-generated content.
An Integrated Product Portfolio
• Content creation with Cisco Digital Media Encoders (DMEs): The Cisco Digital Media Encoders capture and digitize media from a variety of inputs into a variety of digital formats for live and on-demand delivery across an IP network, and also provide monitoring functions. The Cisco Digital Media Encoder 2200 is a dual-input, studio-level encoder, whereas the Cisco Digital Media Encoder 1100 is single-channel portable encoder that allows organizations to capture and stream video outside of the studio.
• Manage media with the Cisco Digital Media Manager (DMM): This web-based centralized media-management application allows both business and IT users to remotely perform management tasks based on roles for Cisco Digital Signs, Cisco Cast, and Cisco Show and Share. The Cisco DMM provides flexible tools for managing content assets and approval flows, creating playlists, and scheduling instant and future content playback. Content managers also can manage Q&A sessions for live desktop video broadcasts and synchronize slides for both live events and video on demand (VoD). The DMM allows content designers to customize Cisco Digital Signs screen layouts and brand the Cisco Show and Share interface. IT users can remotely configure, manage, and monitor the network of Cisco Digital Signs.
• Publish content to Cisco Digital Media Players (DMPs): The Cisco Digital Media Manager publishes content to Cisco DMPs and manages networked Cisco media players. Cisco DMPs are highly reliable IP-based hardware endpoints that enable Cisco Digital Signs and Cisco Cast by playing high-definition live and on-demand video, motion graphics, and web and dynamic content on digital displays for Cisco Digital Signs and Cisco Cast. The DMP hardware options include support for standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD) formats, MPEG2 and MPEG4/H.264, Flash, Really Simple Syndication (RSS), and other web content formats and dynamic data.
• Access content interactively through Cisco Show and Share: This webcasting and video sharing application allows users to browse, search, and view digital media interactively at their desktops. Features include secure login and access to user-specific content, video playlists, keyword search and program guide, full-screen video playback, slide synchronization alongside video, question submission with live webcasts, video sharing, and detailed content and user access reporting. Cisco Show and Share can also be accessed anytime-anywhere through the mobile client for Apple iOS devices. When connected to a Cisco Show and Share system, the mobile clients provides the following features: secure login, browse and search capabilities, view, rate, share and provide comments for on-demand videos, record, upload, and publish on-demand videos from the Apple iOS devices to a Cisco Show and Share system. Cisco Show and Share supports established video formats such as Windows Media, Flash, and MPEG4/H.264.
Figure 1. Cisco Digital Media Suite
A Broad Partner Ecosystem
• Focused partner community: These trained channel partners and systems integrators are specialized in Cisco Digital Media Suite deployments.
• Solution-development partners: These partners continue to develop integrated solutions to further extend the capabilities of the Cisco Digital Media Suite for applications such as meeting-room, interactive, and event-based signage.
• Content-development partners: A global qualification program, the Cisco Academy of Digital Signage (http://www.cisco.com/go/dms/ads) trains media professionals in how to plan, create, design, and optimize content for digital signage networks. The result is to create a pool of Cisco qualified content-development partners.
Service and Support
For More Information