® WRP400 Wireless-G Broadband Router with 2 Phone Ports (Figure 1) is an impressive and versatile networking solution, offering advanced triple-play services prioritization in a single intelligent, compact device.
Whether it's broadband Internet connectivity, voice over IP (VoIP) or bandwidth-intensive applications such as multimedia gaming, streaming media, or IPTV, the innovative Cisco WRP400 provides users with the quality of service (QoS) capabilities they need to support the latest generation of applications.
The wireless access router integrated into the Cisco WRP400 links both Wireless-G (802.11g at 54 Mbps) and Wireless-B (802.11b at 11Mbps) clients. The WRP400 also includes a built-in, 4-port, full-duplex, 10/100 Ethernet switch to connect PCs directly or to attach additional hubs and switches. A robust firewall helps protect local computers and prevents malicious attacks from outside intruders. Two telephone ports enable high-quality feature-rich VoIP service using existing analog phones.
When on the road, take the Cisco WRP400 along with you to remote locations and share your mobile broadband network connection with your colleagues using a compatible USB broadband modem. At the office, the mobile broadband network can be configured on the Cisco WRP400 as an auto-failover and recovery connection if the Ethernet WAN port loses Internet connectivity.
As the center of a home or small business network, the Cisco WRP400 Wireless-G Broadband Router with 2 Phone Ports can help provide a high-quality online experience with fault-tolerant data delivery, exceptional voice quality, and continuous, uninterrupted streaming media.
• Toll-quality voice and carrier-grade feature support: The Cisco WRP400 delivers clear, high-quality voice communication in diverse network conditions. Excellent voice quality in a demanding IP network is consistently achieved via an advanced implementation of standard voice coding algorithms. The WRP400 is interoperable with common telephony equipment such as voicemail, fax, and interactive voice response systems.
• Large-scale deployment and management: The WRP400 offers key features and capabilities that enable service providers to provide customized services to their subscribers. It can be remotely provisioned and supports dynamic, in-service software upgrades. The ability to perform highly secure profile uploads saves providers the time and expense of managing and preconfiguring or reconfiguring customer premises equipment (CPE).
• Ironclad security: Cisco understands that security for both end users and service providers is a fundamental requirement for a solid, carrier-grade telephony service. The Cisco WRP400 supports highly secure, encryption-based methods for communication, provisioning and servicing.
Table 1 contains the specifications, package contents, and minimum requirements for the Cisco WRP400 Wireless-G Broadband Router with 2 Phone Ports.
Table 1. Specifications for the Cisco WRP400 Wireless-G Broadband Router with 2 Phone Ports
• One 10/100 802.3/u (RJ-45) WAN interface
• Four 10/100 802.3/u (RJ-45) LAN interfaces
• Integrated 802.11b/g wireless access point
• Two FXS RJ-11 interfaces
• One USB 2.0 port (support for Mobile Broadband Modem** - available separately)
1-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and 90-day limited software warranty.
* Many specifications are programmable within a defined range or list of options. Please see the SPA ATA Administration Guide for details. The target configuration profile is uploaded to the WRP400 at the time of provisioning.
** USB mobile broadband modems are sold separately. For a current list of USB mobile broadband modems that are compatible with the Cisco WRP400, please visit www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10028/index.html. A voice service is sensitive to latency from network congestion. Voice quality over the mobile broadband network cannot be guaranteed.
Cisco Limited Warranty for Cisco Small Business Series Products
This Cisco Small Business product comes with a 1-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 90-day limited software warranty. In addition, Cisco offers software application updates for bug fixes and telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase. To download software updates, go to: