Cisco® is pleased to announce that Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 1.2 is available for first customer shipment (FCS) beginning July 6, 2007.
An integral part of the Cisco Unified Communications System, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator helps people communicate and collaborate in new ways. With Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, you can access voice, video, Web conferencing, instant messaging, and presence information, all from a single, rich-media interface on your PC or Apple Macintosh. By transparently integrating your most frequently used communications applications and services, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator streamlines the communication experience, enabling you to work smarter and faster.
Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 1.2 includes these new capabilities:
• Instant messaging: Chat in real time with employees to save time and reduce the need to exchange telephone calls repeatedly before connecting. Escalate to voice or video with a simple mouse click.
• Microsoft Outlook toolbar: Use the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator toolbar to click to call from within your Microsoft Outlook contacts or e-mail.
• Cisco Unity® 5.0 support and message counters: View Cisco Unity 5.0 or Cisco Unity Connection voice messages onscreen and click to play or return calls. Message counters tell you how many voicemails and missed calls are waiting.
• Cisco Unified MeetingPlace® 6.0 Web Conferencing: Access the new interface and features of Cisco Unified MeetingPlace 6.0, including screen sharing and whiteboarding.
• Contact list: Add any contact from the corporate directory to your contact list.
• Presence enhancements: Set out-of-office alerts, display free and busy availability based on your Microsoft Outlook calendar, and show "busy on the phone" when you are not logged into the application.
• Internet Low Bitrate Codec (iLBC) audio codec: Use iLBC to support high-quality voice in a lossy (non-quality-of-service [QoS]-controlled) environment.
• Choice of operating systems: Use the Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows XP, or Mac OS X operating system.
Current customers of Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 1.1 with valid Cisco Operate service contracts (any version of Cisco Essential Operate or Select Operate services) are eligible to upgrade to this new version. There is no upgrade SKU for minor point release upgrades for this product.
To place an order, visit the Cisco Ordering homepage. To download software, visit the Cisco Software Center.
New Product Hold
With this release, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator will be removed from new product hold.
Note: Cisco Unified Presence 6.0, a required component of Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 1.2, will initially be on new product hold. To learn more about Cisco Unified Presence, please visit the Cisco Unified Presence product page.
Service and Support
Using the Cisco Lifecycle Services approach, Cisco and its partners provide a broad portfolio of end-to-end services and support that can help increase your network's business value and return on investment. This approach defines the minimum set of activities needed, by technology and by network complexity, to help you successfully deploy and operate Cisco technologies and optimize their performance throughout the lifecycle of your network.