Product Bulletin No. 3509
ANNOUNCING ORDERABILITY AND FIRST CUSTOMER SHIPMENT OF CISCO UNIFIED PERSONAL COMMUNICATOR VERSION 1.1
Key Features and Benefits
• Communication integration: Take advantage of a single intuitive interface for voice and video calls, voicemail playback, Web conferencing, and integrated directories.
• Presence: View real-time availability of other Cisco Unified Personal Communicator users.
• Unified contact list: Search your corporate directory from one easy-to-use interface to locate contacts quickly. Simply click to call.
• Media escalation: Add communication methods during a session; for example, you can add video to an existing audio session or add Web conferencing to an existing audio or video session.
• Click-to-call: Dial from the contact list, using either the integrated softphone or an associated Cisco Unified IP phone.
• Integrated voice and video calling: Exchange ideas face-to-face with a coordinated video display on the PC screen and audio conversation with the softphone. Users can place video calls to others using Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, Cisco Unified Video Advantage, or the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7985G, a personal desktop videophone.
• IP phone association: Use Cisco Unified Personal Communicator to control your desktop Cisco Unified IP phone and make or receive calls.
• Conferencing: Create multiparty voice or video conferencing sessions by simply merging conversation sessions using the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator intuitive interface. There is no need to call into a separate conference bridge.
• Web conferencing: Launch a Web conferencing session at a moment's notice to share content, such as a presentation, with others.
• Voice messages: Access Cisco Unity® Connection voicemail messages-view, playback, sort, and delete messages-all from the same client application.
NEW PRODUCT HOLD
1. Place an order for the software. You can place an order using normal purchasing methods from Cisco, a distributor, or a partner.
2. Fill out the new product hold clearance Web form. Please put in as much detail as possible. The form is available at:
3. The new product hold review team will review the order within 3 business days. Under normal circumstances the review will occur within 1 business day.
4. A notification will be sent by e-mail to the submitter.
5. The new product hold review team will authorize release of the new product hold. Manufacturing actually clears the orders, and it usually takes 1-2 business days for the order to be fully cleared.
6. When new product hold is cleared, normal order fulfillment follows.
Note: The new product hold review team cannot escalate orders. Use the Cisco Global Contact Center (GCC) if you have any questions about specific orders. The Cisco GCC can be reached by:
• Calling 800 553-6387, option 3
• Opening a case by using the Case Management Tool
• Sending e-mail to email@example.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION