PDF(377.1 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:May 01, 2014
PRODUCT BULLETIN NO. 2501
Any Windows 2000 Server is recommended to have virus protection and the Cisco CallManager is no exception. Trend Micro's SeverProtect5 is an Anti-Virus solution for the enterprise that utilizes a centralized management server. This document will go over the installation and caveats involved with installing Trend on a CallManager Server. This document will not go into the Centralized IS server configuration. Please follow Trends documentation for Server installation and configuration.
This paper provides a description of the Trend Micro's SeverProtect5 AntiVirus for use on Cisco CallManager versions 3.3(x). The paper describes the need for the product, a description of the product and product features/functionality.
Trend Micro's SeverProtect5 AntiVirus is an application that provides comprehensive antivirus scanning for servers, detecting and removing viruses from files and compressed files in real time. Administrators use a Windows-based console for centralized management of virus outbreaks, virus scanning, virus pattern file updates, notifications, and remote installation.
CISCO SYSTEMS SUPPORT POLICY
Cisco makes no warranty or claims as to the accuracy or completeness of this document. Furthermore, Cisco Systems Technical Assistance Center is not responsible for supporting this integrated solution.
(Note: This statement is included in documentation until product passes IVT and coordinated support is in place.)
1. There is no need to turn off Virus scan during a Call Manager install. The supported version is headless on the server and this would need to be done on the IS server. This eliminates server venerability during the CM install.
2. There is no need for a reboot after install of ServerProtect client
3. Major Virus Scans should only be scheduled during non peak call hours, there is increased overhead while scanning is occurring. It is recommended to scan only "incoming" files.
4. Server Protect must be installed prior to the installation of CSA.
5. Even though the compressed file size limit is 4024MB for scanning, it is recommend to set the compressed scan size to 64mb, as it will dramatically impact performance on huge compressed files.
6. For remote install of ServerProtect, both the Remote RPC, and Remote Registry services are required to be running.
REQUIRED CISCO AVVID HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE LEVELS
Cisco Hardware levels are not a concern of please refer the hardware requirements section of the Trend documentation. Below are the tested CallManager software levels, please refer to the list below for all supported CallManager versions.
• Cisco CallManager Version 4.0(1)
• Cisco CallManager Version 3.3(x) or greater within the CCM 3.3 version.
• Cisco CallManager Version 3.2(2c) or higher
Installing the Trend Micro's SeverProtect5 client
To start the installation
1. Access the shared install folder that has been created on your ServerProtect5 IS server.
2. Execute the Setup.exe file. This will launch the install wizard
3. Click next
4. Click Yes, This will initiate a Scan of the Server's Boot Sector
5. Once the boot sector scan is completed, Click OK
6. Enter your Name, Company and Serial Number and Click Next
7. Under the "Select Components" screen, you ONLY want to check the one, "Install server as a ServerProtect normal server", and make sure the other two are un-selected. Click Next
8. You will be prompted to enter the account which Trend will use to connect from the IS server to update dat's and engines. It is recommended to leave the domain name blank and use the local administrator's account and password in the following boxes. This way, if the user is for some reason removed from the domain, the server will still be updated and accessible.
9. You will be prompted to create a directory, Click Yes.
10. Under the label "Information Server:" there will be a text box. Enter your ServerProtect IS server name, (or IP address) AND CLICK ON FIND SERVER. If you hit "enter", you will be uninstalling, and starting over
11. The IS server name or IP address will appear in the upper text list. Double-click on it
12. It will prompt you for a password, enter the password set up on you IS Server.
13. It will then prompt for a Domain/group to put the server in. Choose and Click next
14. Installation is ready to begin, Click Next
15. There maybe an error message about a service starting, this is a bug and can be ignored
16. Click F
17. inish when completed, a reboot is not necessary.
Trend ServerProtect5 can be removed from the server though the add/remove programs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about using McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.0 and 7.1 with Cisco CallManager, visit