Cisco® Unified Communications Solutions unify voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks, enabling easy collaboration every time from any workspace.
Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6 is a software appliance that enhances emergency calling from Cisco Unified Communications Manager. It helps assure that Cisco Unified Communications Manager sends emergency calls to the appropriate Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for the caller's location, and that the PSAP can identify the caller's location and, if necessary, return the call. Cisco Emergency Responder can also notify customer security personnel of an emergency call in progress and the caller's location.
Cisco Emergency Responder helps Cisco Unified Communications Manager customers comply more effectively with their legal or regulatory obligations and reduce their risk of liability related to emergency calls.
Features and Benefits
Table 1 summarizes the features and benefits of Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6.
Table 1. Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6 Features and Benefits
Automatic location of IP phones by MAC or IP address
• Eliminates the need for administrators to update location when an IP phone is relocated
• Keeps track of IP phones powered down by Cisco EnergyWise
Emergency calls routed by location
• Routes calls to a public-switched-telephone-network (PSTN) gateway capable of reaching the responsible PSAP for the caller's location
Identification of caller location to PSAPs by Emergency Location Identification Numbers (ELINs)
• Eliminates the need to update the Automatic Location Information (ALI) database when an IP phone is relocated
Integration with Intrado V9-1-1 Service
• Centralizes and automates the initial administration of ELINs and Emergency Response Locations (ERLs) for on-premises users, especially for customers with many sites in regions served by different local exchange carriers (LECs)
• Facilitates emergency call completion with user-entered location information for off-premises users such as teleworkers, irrespective of their proximity to the customer premises
Emergency callback to ELINs
• Facilitates PSAP callback to reach the most recent callers from each location, including callers from stations without direct-inward-dialing (DID) numbers
Emergency call alerting by voice, web, and email
• Helps onsite security to assist emergency callers immediately, and to direct fire, police, or ambulance services when they arrive
Remote user authentication
• Enables shared user passwords with Cisco Unified Communications Manager
• Simplifies software installation and upgrade
• Enhances system security and stability
Platform Support and Product Compatibility
Table 2 lists platforms and other products compatible with Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6.
Table 2. Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6 Platform Support and Product Compatibility
• Cisco Unified Computing System
™ (Cisco UCS
Cisco Emergency Responder user licenses are required for all types of devices capable of placing emergency calls, including wired IP phones, wireless IP phones, software telephony clients, and analog gateway foreign-exchange-station (FXS) ports. Cisco Emergency Responder user licenses may be ordered together with Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6 server software. You can order additional user licenses separately. Cisco Emergency Responder user licenses are shared by both Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6 servers in a redundant pair. You do not need to order duplicate Cisco Emergency Responder user licenses for Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6 servers in a redundant pair.
Each Cisco Emergency Responder server requires a server license, including each server in a redundant pair. Server licenses are included in orders for Cisco Emergency Responder software, and can be obtained only by ordering software.
Table 3 lists the product specifications for Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6.
Up to 30 emergency calls per second, depending on server platform
Reliability and availability
Redundant (active and standby) hardware and software servers
English and Canadian French (onsite security user interface only)
Table 4 provides capacity information for Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6 on various hardware platforms, assuming one synthetic voice alert per emergency call. Note that different virtual-machine profiles provide different capacity on Cisco UCS B200 and UCS C210 platforms.
Table 4. Cisco Emergency Responder 8.5 System Capacity
Cisco MCS 7816
Cisco MCS 7825 or Cisco UCS C200 with 12,000-User Template
Cisco MCS 7835 or Cisco UCS B200 or Cisco UCS C210 with 20,000-User Template
Cisco MCS 7845 or Cisco UCS B200 or Cisco UCS C210 with 30,000-User Template
Table 5. Cisco Emergency Responder 8.6 Ordering Information
CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER
CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER USER LICENSE 10 PHONES NEW
CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER VERSION 8.6 SOFTWARE NEW
CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER USER LICENSE 10 PHONES UPGRADE
CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER VERSION 8.6 SOFTWARE UPGRADE VERSION 7.1
CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER VERSION 8.6 SOFTWARE UPGRADE VERSION 8.0
CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER VERSION 8.6 SOFTWARE UPGRADE VERSION 8.5
CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER USER LICENSE 10 PHONES ADDITIONAL
CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER EDELIVERY
CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER USER LICENSE 10 PHONES ADDITIONAL EDELIVERY
Table 6. Cisco Unified Communications Software Subscription Ordering Information
UCSS CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER
UCSS CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER 1 YEAR 10 USERS
UCSS CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER 2 YEARS 10 USERS
UCSS CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER 3 YEARS 10 USERS
UCSS CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER 5 YEARS 10 USERS
UCSS CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER EDELIVERY
UCSS CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER 1 YEAR 10 USERS EDELIVERY
UCSS CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER 2 YEARS 10 USERS EDELIVERY
UCSS CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER 3 YEARS 10 USERS EDELIVERY
UCSS CISCO EMERGENCY RESPONDER 5 YEARS 10 USERS EDELIVERY
Cisco Unified Communications Services
Cisco Unified Communications Services allows you to accelerate cost savings and productivity gains associated with deploying a secure, resilient Cisco Unified Communications Solution. Delivered by Cisco and our certified partners, our portfolio of services is based on proven methodologies for unifying voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks. Our unique lifecycle approach to services can enhance your technology experience to accelerate true business advantage.