PDF(33.0 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:May 11, 2005
END-OF-LIFE NOTICE, NO. 261
® Workgroup Business Unit is announcing the End of Life of the Cisco
®/Crescendo CDDI and FDDI MicroChannel Adapters for IBM's RS/6000 Workstation.
Table 1. Products
CDDI MCA Adapter
FDDI MCA Adapter
CDDI/MLT-3 MCA Adapter
CDDI MCA Dual-Attach Option
FDDI MCA Dual-Attach Option
CDDI/MLT-3 MCA Dual-Attach Option
• End-of-Sale Date: July 29, 1994.
• Last Ship Date: August 31, 1994.
Support will be provided for three years, or until August 31, 1997.
• A list of all MCA adapter customers will be distributed to the workgroup reps showing the date, type of adapter purchased, and quantity.
• The Workgroup reps may review this information and take actions to notify the customers (and Cisco reps):
– To notify the customers or prospects who may be contemplating purchases.
– In case the customer may want to purchase more adapters before they are discontinued.
• Below is a list of CDDI/FDDI MicroChannel Adapter products from other manufacturers.
MANUFACTURERS OF FDDI AND CDDI MICROCHANNEL ADAPTER CARDS
IBM (Sales offices worldwide)
Table 2. IBM's FDDI Products
FDDI-Fiber Single-Ring Adapter
FDDI-Fiber Dual-Ring Upgrade Kit (option to upgrade FC #2724 for use with dual-attach stations
IBM does not offer any industry-standard solutions for connecting FDDI over copper wire. They offer a proprietary STP solution, known as SDDI, which is not compatible with Cisco adapter or router products.
Saratoga, CA 95070-4669
408 725-4650 main
800 752-3334 sales
408 725-4654 fax
Table 3. SysKonnect FDDI Products
FDDI (fiber) Single-Attach Interface
FDDI (up-top-pond) Single-Attach Interface
FDDI (fiber) Dual-Attach Interface
FDDI (up-top-pond) Dual-Attach Interface
SysKonnect's AIX driver is currently being certified by IBM. It is planned to be released in June 1994.
Comments: SysKonnect markets its products exclusively through indirect channels (network resellers and integrators). The company is the U.S. marketing subsidiary of Schneider and Koch, a company based in Germany. S & K provides FDDI adapters to IBM under an OEM agreement.
Please contact your customer service representative with questions.